Modded Mustang Forums banner

supercharger?

720 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  WickedSnake00 
#1 ·
is adding a supercharger really worth that 5k it costs? not including the labor i would have to do to install it

#2 ·
Superchargers are the easiest way to gain horsepower on these cars. You can find new kits cheaper than 5k. Can also get a used kit way cheaper than that.

#5 ·
man it better be I just bought everything(minus a few small parts) for mine lol every time I buy something new for it I ask myself the same question though! Everyone says they are but they said the same thing about gears and I was left wanting more with those. So I'll find out come spring time I guess. I'm hoping for a night and day difference my cars wayy too slow atm lol

#10 ·
Worth it? That is a value judgement. It can be worth it to one person and not to another. I went from 235 rwhp to 383 rwhp. To me it was worth it. To you it might not be.

Its like saying is a forged motor worth it. It's about a $7,000 upgrade and it would take my car from 383 rwhp to 500+ rwhp. To a lot of people its worth it. To me? Maybe, maybe not.

#17 ·
Does it come with the supercharger? Please post a link. It almost sounds too good to be true.

#18 ·
Nothing in the MOD world is cost effective, your really all over the place are you looking for a motor or Blower? If your situation revolves around money then set your limit, and we can help you get the most from your money. If you have an open budget then there are plenty of people on here with different opinions such as me I would tell you to go one wy when others would tell you to go another.
scott2001GT would tell you to buy an MMR motor because he loves them so much:)

So what is your goal? what are you after a motor with a blower or just a blower?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.