Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im pretty new to the forums, and i know this probably comes up a lot but i have been researching different superchargers.

I know ill need the supercharger, the valves and injectors and all that, along with an aftercooler. and not to forget a tune..

Ill be able to do it myself with the help of my neighbor and dad.. but i was wondering if anyone could give me an accurate guestamite of how much it would cost and where u would recommend to order it from.

also, i was looking at vortech, any better suggestions?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
vortec makes a good kit.
also not to be an ass but u may want to do some more reserch, it is an intercooler not an aftercooler. also u will need injecters as well a fule pump (depending on psi level)
also not shure what u mean by valves, do mean the valves in ur valve train, because u need to do a lot of work for new valves.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Okay so im pretty new to the forums, and i know this probably comes up a lot but i have been researching different superchargers.

I know ill need the supercharger, the valves and injectors and all that, along with an aftercooler. and not to forget a tune..

Ill be able to do it myself with the help of my neighbor and dad.. but i was wondering if anyone could give me an accurate guestamite of how much it would cost and where u would recommend to order it from.

also, i was looking at vortech, any better suggestions?
You need to do WAY more research.

Procharger makes a kit, Vortech makes a kit.

Injectors need to be replaced, valves no, its gonna cost between 3800-4300$ brand new. Procharger comes with an intercooler, vortech comes with neither but you can custom fab and intercooler, or aftercooler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, aftercooler was a typo.(but ive also heard it be called that.)

i guess i cant leave things short on here haha ..
and my valve i meant like the bypass valve..

and i know i need larger fuel injectors and belts..so would it just be worth it to buy a full kit?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ya a kit is probaly best unless u want a custom set up and want to do all the work ur self.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
VMP has a kit... if you want to talk to them... theres is extremely complete with everything you need

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks man..
you guys are awesome

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Alright since you have a 2005+ (shoud have mentioned that before)

You can get a:

Procharger - intercooled
X charger - no intercooler
Novi - I think its intercooled not 100% sure
Vortech - AFTERCOOLED. yes he's right.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Vortech - AFTERCOOLED. yes he's right.
ya after i posted i thought about it more and thought it was posibal, just never herd of them being used on cars, i know they r used with compresed air, in manufactering proceses, just never know of them being used on cars.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
ya after i posted i thought about it more and thought it was posibal, just never herd of them being used on cars, i know they r used with compresed air, in manufactering proceses, just never know of them being used on cars.
Most (95%) of vortech kits have the option of an aftercooler.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Most (95%) of vortech kits have the option of an aftercooler.
im not by any means an expert on s/c's so that is probaly why i didn't know of it.
im more of an all moter guy, and old school mucle, so cetrafugal systoms r a black hole for me.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
your not ready for it

if you dont know whats out there and a whole deal on F/I. you most liekly arent ready

do you have 5 grand laying around
Sure you dont want a gt?

what are you looking for

you need supporting mods
2 grand right there
are you ready to not have your car for weeks while its installed and then tuned

can you handle the high maitainence?

If you said no than dont go any further

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
2grand in supporting mods?

Injectors - (If your kit doesn't come with them)
Fuel pump - (" ")

And a tlok / dyno tune.

considerably less than 2k specially if he buys used injectors.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
vortec makes a good kit.
also not to be an ass but u may want to do some more reserch, it is an intercooler not an aftercooler. also u will need injecters as well a fule pump (depending on psi level)
also not shure what u mean by valves, do mean the valves in ur valve train, because u need to do a lot of work for new valves.
actually the vortech kit is reffered to as a aftercooler, not a intercooler.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
is this the put everyone down thread??

I say go for it man... if you need help finding names, places, links... PM me ill help ya out

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
IMO a kit is the best way to go, if your not really comfortable with what you need, or the guys at VMP are really helpful if you wanted to do a custom kit I bet they would gladly help you pick everything out along with give you suggestions

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
supporting mods-
sure you can run a stock drivetrain but its not going to hold up forever
Ie. Chris's
it wont hold forever

Tranny-Driveshaft-9.in rear end

1 - 20 of 41 Posts