Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to supercharge my 91 LX hatch, and i really dont know were to start, but i have a few questions

*do i need to modify anything internally on the motor
*do i have to get new wiring
*is it a bolt on deal or do i have to fab something
*is it even possible to supercharge my car
*and last but not least, how much will it cost to do this

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
well why would you supercharge a 2.3?

just swap in a 2.3T

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know, i just figured it would be cheaper

and is the 2.3t a direct bolt in deal?

and how much might that cost, and how much boost can i run?

sorry for all the dumb questions, but im kinda new to the whole car modifing thing

·
Registered
29 Posts
cause just sometimes they'll whoop some cocky :D,cam loping,:humpnana gas guzzling:(,v8 ass! :pj/k but about the s/c somebody should do it ,go for it! the turbo would be cheaper but the V8 really is the bang for the buck, just my 0.02. sorry guys its been a long day !!!! week!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like the idea of the 2.3T swap, but idk were to get a good one, and idk if its a direct bolt in, thats why i was going to supercharge it, that should give it like 75-100HP right?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you can snag a 2.3T from thunderbird turbo coupes 83-88 or merkur xr4ti's 84-87 you want the EFI ones. which is what those 2 are, they came in other cars such as fairmonts and others but there carb'd

·
Registered
368 Posts
Its mostly a direct drop in, but it also depends on how much modding you plan on doing. If its just a bone stock engine with a stock turbo and everything its just dropping the motor in changing a few wires on the computer and hooking in the new computer. Nothing to major can usually be done in a day assuming all goes right otherwise 2-3 days. We just got done with mine, still having a few problems but working the kinks out. 2.3T is the way to go though definately. 400rwhp = easily achievable with a few mods.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
i like the idea of the 2.3T swap, but idk were to get a good one, and idk if its a direct bolt in, thats why i was going to supercharge it, that should give it like 75-100HP right?
You are going to have to find a donor car like an 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, an XR-7 Cougar around that year (not too sure on that car), or if you can, find a Merkur XR4Ti. Swap out the engine and everything. You're most likely going to have to have the turbo rebuilt. Make sure you have the turbo car's computer. You will also need little things like boost gauges, air/fuel ratio gauges, stuff like that.

Beleive me, if I had the money, I would do the same thing with my Mustang.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts