Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been asked a million times and i tried to search it but could not find an answer but what supercharger kits will work w/ an '04. I have not seen a single kit that says it will work on an '04, they all stop at '03. I mean what are the differences between the '03 and '04 engines?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think any that work on the 03 should work on the 04. You may need to do some very minor modifications...but I think it would work. PM ssstang or obdnanr. They both have SC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im pretty set on a built motor and a twin turbo set up...i mean if i ever get the time to do it...lol motors gonna get built up b4 i do anything though cuz i got 108k on the '04!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well right now its more like "burnt clutch" so we'll be spending a couple days tryin to do it outa the garage w/ jackstands and a huge hydraulic jack....dunno how well thats gonna work yet

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Mustang 3.8L V6 Performance Parts FREE SHIPPING!

be ware it may take them a long ass time to ship that ****. but its the best deal ur gona find

and go turbo imo

but if you go with super charger get 62lb injectors and upgrade to the d1sc (just in case you decide you want to throw a built motor on it and slap a 17# pulley on it :p )
Yeah stop giving advice.

You can upgrade to the D1 but you DO NOT want 62lb injectors unless your planning on running some outrageous boost 18+ on a built motor. With a stock motor your fine with 42lb injectors. If you don't want a procharger, vortech makes a nice kit also~

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think any that work on the 03 should work on the 04. You may need to do some very minor modifications...but I think it would work. PM ssstang or obdnanr. They both have SC.
Unlike me, he doesn't know anything about what he owns:p:p:p:p:p

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
how about you read ssstang?
I read you posted that even before he said what he was going to do.
He might not need 62s, he might need bigger or smaller depending on his goals.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
uh whats it hurt to have bigger injectors working at a lesser load? uhhh nothing???

Go grab some 62lb injectors when you only need 42lb
* makes it harder to tune
* mileage can suffer more at idle
* mileage can suffer more overall

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
um, ur ****ing retarded. just about any dyno anywhere has a base tune for any size injectors, ****ing daa. do i need to get an experts opinion before you stfu?

oh and just to add to it it has been proven by J that bigger injectors puts less strain on the fuel pump. so you ****ing fail again you unhelpful jackass.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
um, ur ****ing retarded. just about any dyno anywhere has a base tune for any size injectors, ****ing daa. do i need to get an experts opinion before you stfu?

Theirs alot more to PROPERLY tuning a car for idle drive ability than using the base drop down [02, with or without imrc, blown v6, "62lb" injector tune.] Several other scalar functions have to be tweaked.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts