Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any help to offer please??:confused:
I'm looking at maybe 7 different superchargers right now for my '07 GT. I am looking for the biggest bang for my buck on a stock engine. I am afraid to go over 8psi boost from what I've read so far about S/C'ing the '05 but would love to talk to people who have supercharged the '07 specifically. I get off of deployment in two months and have nothing but time to do research before I get home and buy my new toys!
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!:D

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Need to know more about what your trying to accomplish.. HP ranges, where do you want the power to really shine.. That kind of thing..

Based on that anyone here will help you decide between centri and twin screw type blowers..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I love my novi 2200, not to start any arguments, but they kenne bells at the same psi i have beaten, never lost in fact to any supercharged stangs. The Popular roots and twin screws dont have anything on me frmo rolls above 60, and if i get a good launch i even take them off the line. I also dont like having whine, so i bought the quiet blower. I beat a procharger by half a car

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Too many variables to base a purchase that way.. Each and every charger has it's own quirks as well as plus and minuses. Each reacts differently to supporting mods. Some cars are manufacturer freaks, dyno numbers start slightly higher bone stock and such and therefore gains of a blower are incrementally increased.

You bring up another point though badstang, advertisement. Whine or no whine, obnoxious blow off valve or quiet, whistle while rolling or zilch. For many the personal audible enjoyment play into spending the coin, and for others, they want to fly under the radar.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I like the way the car sounds off of heavy acceleration. woom woom woom woom woom. And the way it pulls at 150+.. FYI i was speed radared by my brother at 178 mph i think. I think it was either 178 or 179. Im into high speeds, plus IMO unless you have stickies the constant boost makes it harder to launch meaning higher 60 foot times meaning higher 1/4 miles. im at 11.8 with m/t's, 3.73's, o/r h, flowmasters, the entire supercharger package intercooled, and a 5 speed. 2007 mustang gt california special. 4800 miles :)

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Like Emay said, there are too many variable to say that this blower is better than that blower based on certain races ( driving skill levels, tune, supporting mods, tires, ect... ). This is how I went about picking my procharger for my car. I first established my budget ( as this rules all ), then I went to see what kind of numbers I was looking to put down ( this narrowed the list a little but not alot ), thirdly I went to youtube to hear some of the superchargers on our cars, fourthly ( like you ) I came to the forums for advise abotu drivability, relyability, and feedback. Hope this helps you out some...

( BadStang we have been through this before about comparing superchargers based on races ;) )

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Like Emay said, there are too many variable to say that this blower is better than that blower based on certain races ( driving skill levels, tune, supporting mods, tires, ect... ). This is how I went about picking my procharger for my car. I first established my budget ( as this rules all ), then I went to see what kind of numbers I was looking to put down ( this narrowed the list a little but not alot ), thirdly I went to youtube to hear some of the superchargers on our cars, fourthly ( like you ) I came to the forums for advise abotu drivability, relyability, and feedback. Hope this helps you out some...

( BadStang we have been through this before about comparing superchargers based on races ;) )
Yes i understand i just wanted to say what i have done and the potential of the novi. Procharger is great also. Good luck guy

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
We have two Whipple GTs, one with the stock motor, one built motor. The one with the stock motor sits at 12psi at 519rwhp with 20K+ miles and we BEAT that car hard...no problems to date! The only thing we are replacing is the clutch and thats it. I have driven COUNTLESS blown 05+ stangs with various blowers and the Whipple seems to pull the hardest. There is nothing quite like have 500+ft/lbs of torque by 3500 rpms, I dare you to try and reach for the dash :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Whipple Gets my vote.

Hey Mickey, how long you been running the 12psi pulley on the stock block for? I'm wanting to up my boost to 12 but I'm affraid to. is there anything I should worry about at 12psi on the frpp tune?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Well if you've got time to do some research, you should include turbocharging to be more fully informed regarding FI. Not saying turbo will be better for your application but good to compare/contrast.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Whipple Gets my vote.

Hey Mickey, how long you been running the 12psi pulley on the stock block for? I'm wanting to up my boost to 12 but I'm affraid to. is there anything I should worry about at 12psi on the frpp tune?
The car has 25K miles on it and every single one mile has been with the 12psi Whipple. No engine problems at all. Just remember, not every car is the same so be careful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for such quick feedback guys!!

Ok, let me give better info to you all. Money won't really be an issue because I've been saving for months. I can afford the most expensive S/C or Turbo I've researched. I was only fearing getting to bad ass of one and blowing the F out of my stock engine. I've been talking to knowledgable friends (not mustang owners though) and short of re-doing the rotary components... thought that my engine couldn't take much more than 130-140 extra hp. I would love to get into the 5 hundy's if it is safe. I don't mind even replacing my clutch...just not having to replace my motor for being greedy on hp. The only reason I ruled out turbos (atleast until I get convinced) is because I want the power response constantly and not just at the high end. I've looked at the Roush, Saleen, Whipple, Brenspeed, Vortech and maybe a couple more. I'm not biased ony because I'm ignorant at this point. I want the best bang for my buck again SAFELY being the key point.
Looking forward to your next responses. Thanks for your first ones, really!

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Your thinking about turbos as they were back in the day. The days of lag are long gone. Granted it's not twins screw instant on, but it is vicious power on demand.

Regency had good luck running the Hellion kit, you may want to ping him if he doesn't come in here.. Forensicsteve is already in here, he can elaborate on the new worlds developments as well..

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
From the sounds of it you want a twin screw ( either kenne bell or whipple ), they will give you the instant kcik in the pants your looking for. If you still want to compare them to turbos and centri SCs, compare either mentioned above with procharger and hellion as those are the two top names in either catagory ( and this is magority opinion before anyone chimes in and starts an argument on whats better ). Its all about personal preferance as to what works for you. So just do your homework, listen to some vid clips, and pull the trigger. Hope this helps you out some. I know big decisions like these are hard to make cause everrytime you think your certain you want one or the other something gets thrown into the equation to make you second guess...

·
Registered
555 Posts
if you want hp sooner in the rpm's then a twin screw would be your best bet like a kenne bell, whipple, or not many talk of this one, but heard good things, magnacharger

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a '96 Z-28 with a Vortech centrifugal and now an 06 GT with a Kenne Bell. The Vortech gave quite a thrill as the RPMs climbed, but maybe part of that was because the engine was running within an inch of its life. For my money, turbos and centrifugal blowers are great for drag racing, but a twin screw beats them hands down as a daily driver--less wear and tear and more usable boost in the RPM band where I normally drive. It really comes down to personal preferance and your driving habits. Centrifugals are a bit cheaper, however, so I think you could probably generate bigger numbers on paper for the same amount of cash--not sure if that would match your seat of the pants feel, though. Also, my Vortech sounded like a weed-whacker. The Kenne Bell makes a very quiet whistle at moderate boost levels--almost unnoticeable when the car gets warmed up. (although I did hear a Kenne Bell at a dyno day running ultra high boost that sounded like a Stuka dive bomber!)

·
Registered
92 Posts
The car has 25K miles on it and every single one mile has been with the 12psi Whipple. No engine problems at all. Just remember, not every car is the same so be careful. Let me know if you have any other questions.
whats your a/f and timing set at

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
going out on a limb do both turbo and charger! FTW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts