Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here folks so please excuse me for askin so many questions.anyway i have a superchip that i have thought of putting in my car.is there anything i need to know before doing so?do i just plug and play or do i need to do anything else along with the install? thanks for all the help guys

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
superchip? your not talkin about those little things you get off of ebay are you?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I love your Avatar cricket.

I just can't stop saying it.

If you ever get rid of it I will beat you senseless.

·
Registered
522 Posts
superchip? your not talkin about those little things you get off of ebay are you?
superchip? sounds fishy doesnt it

i wouldnt put that crap in my car

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
superchip IAT mod? notorius for setting ses light, not realy worth much anyway. superships tuner, they are ok, i ran one on my car but wasnt impressed at all. didnt feel much difference, the same way with hypertech. i think with the superchips, you are suppose to pull the fuel pump fuse out from under the hood. its either that one or hpertech, cant remember which one.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
This is true.

Have you ever thought what it my be like to motorboat those things?
The thought has bounced into my mind a time or two. That would be one hell of a motorboat damnit.

superchip IAT mod? notorius for setting ses light, not realy worth much anyway. superships tuner, they are ok, i ran one on my car but wasnt impressed at all. didnt feel much difference, the same way with hypertech. i think with the superchips, you are suppose to pull the fuel pump fuse out from under the hood. its either that one or hpertech, cant remember which one.
so its not the ebay chip? I thought he was talking about the ebay chip when he said plug and play. I don't know much about the superchip IAT mod is it kinda like the same premise of the ebay chip but might actually work?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bro you've got the idea,i can't beleive that other guy thought it was an ebay item only and the other thought it sounded fishy LOL!! everybody used to ride around with superchip stickers on their cars.and people still don't know what it means.oh well thanks man,i just didn't know if i should try it or not. thanks

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I only thought that, because you don't hear about superchips a lot now a days, and a lot of guys come on here asking about those ebay chips that mess up your car. Only lookin out for your car.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the superships "tuner" is a chip like programmer and isnt all that great. the gas vehicles dont show much imporovement with them, but diesels take to them ok. there isnt any adjustability from them, just a couple litttle things can be adjusted and then you would run their canned tune.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only thought that, because you don't hear about superchips a lot now a days, and a lot of guys come on here asking about those ebay chips that mess up your car. Only lookin out for your car.
yeah bro thats fine.i just thought everyone knew about superchips.i didn't mean to come off as an ass.:sorry

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
superchips is a little out dated.

it's not a crap ebay diaod but it also isn't as good as the newer tuners either.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i had one. My girlfriend bought it for me last christmas, it was ok but it did't have the features i wanted so i brought it back:tomato and got the predator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts