Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about this

1. What pulley size should I use to go along with my m90.. I have seen 2.5 up to 3 inch pulleys. I am not sure what stock size is since I'm not currently at home.
2. Should I still just use my ls6 valve springs on this motor. I have beehive 918s sitting on my toolbox right now but if I remember currectly I would have to machine the heads. I am looking to getting them ported farther down the road I'm guessing.
3. For the MAF any one in particular that would be the best choice or just find a scrapped one at the yard. I have the 30# injectors.
4. For the computer would I can just simply get a dynotune right? Wiring harness is alright with a few extensions no big deal?

The timing cover is supposed to be here today. I stripped my old motor for all my mods to transfer to the supercoupe. Will still need new pushrods I am assuming. My lifters from the new edge are in good shape.

This motor wasn't origionally going to go in my car but I messed up my current motor and just got this one a few weeks back so I figured,why not throw this damn thing in

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Maf I would get a 90mm lightning one, they are cheap used or new.

dont know anything about the rest so goodluck

Reactions: GreenMustang00

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
what intercooler are you going to use?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hey green remember im using 918's with no head machining, i have over 1500 miles on the car and can hit 6500rpm with no issues. i think machining the head is the right thing to do but im making out fine.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey green remember im using 918's with no head machining, i have over 1500 miles on the car and can hit 6500rpm with no issues. i think machining the head is the right thing to do but im making out fine.
They only recommend machining on 95 and older:D it's an 89... I'm sure when I do them port and polish I would do different valves for sure.

ESG,
Not sure I'm going to order one Saturday. A front. Mount though.. I'm guessing I will give the one at am a try first

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
They only recommend machining on 95 and older:D it's an 89... I'm sure when I do them port and polish I would do different valves for sure.

ESG,
Not sure I'm going to order one Saturday. A front. Mount though.. I'm guessing I will give the one at am a try first
stick with the ls6's then imo. machining the head to better seat the spring isnt cheap.(mainly why i didnt do it). i guess you could go 915's but there really isnt any point as long as you dont put a bigger cam in there. i think ls6 are good up to .55 lift.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stick with the ls6's then imo. machining the head to better seat the spring isnt cheap.(mainly why i didnt do it). i guess you could go 915's but there really isnt any point as long as you dont put a bigger cam in there. i think ls6 are good up to .55 lift.
Yea that was my main thinking:D

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maf I would get a 90mm lightning one, they are cheap used or new.

dont know anything about the rest so goodluck
Yea I found them pretty cheap new,..

Question is how do you calibrate them for the 30lb injectors:dunno
Or can only the dyne do it since my handheld does not have a a 30# choice

Edit: I found is on a local stang site..
http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51190

Or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Lightning-90mm-MAF-CNC-Adapter-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adcb79b68QQitemZ390250077032QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3564wt_1425

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yea I found them pretty cheap new,..

Question is how do you calibrate them for the 30lb injectors:dunno
Or can only the dyne do it since my handheld does not have a a 30# choice

Edit: I found is on a local stang site..
2 MAF'S F/S - CMC Forums

Or

W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf64f5893QQitemZ330549909651QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_948
You're not going to calibrate a MAF. It's all done in the tune now a days. You can have whoever is going to tune it send you a base tune with the right injectors and MAF for ease of driving to the dyno.

If you change the MAF or injectors you'll want a dyno tune or a good mail order tune. The canned choices aren't very accurate and are really just there because they're better than nothing if you have to drive it before a tune.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're not going to calibrate a MAF. It's all done in the tune now a days. You can have whoever is going to tune it send you a base tune with the right injectors and MAF for ease of driving to the dyno.

If you change the MAF or injectors you'll want a dyno tune or a good mail order tune. The canned choices aren't very accurate and are really just there because they're better than nothing if you have to drive it before a tune.
Yea I figured all that that.. The dyne tune guy sends out a startup tune to get it on the trailer anyways so I really have nothingn to worry about..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you're putting it on a trailer I wouldn't even worry about a tune before that.

I drove mine with my procharger for over 1000 miles without a tune haha

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Saturday parts being ordered..

Ford Racing MAF 90mm
Intercooler
Supercharger rebuild kit possibly
Pushrods/lifters
Gaskets
Pulley
94-95 GT throttle body 75mm

Also painting a lot of the parts over next few days.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Notes for the swap Tuesday or Wednesday...

Use Mustang motor mounts..
Mustang flywheel?
Mustang Oil pan. Or doesn't matter?
95 3.8 timing cover
Swap Pacesetter longtubes

Saturday
Intercooler
Valve Train/Cam install
Put Intake/SC on if paint is done.
MAF/Intercooler

Sunday
Do rest of wiring

Major things left would be converting the fuel rail to return style
Coolant lines
Vacuum lines

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
what wiring do you have to do?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what wiring do you have to do?
Oh just plug **** in.. I am assuming nothing really needs to be extended.
Basically just that good ole boring stuff.. I may hook up my nitrous kit just to have it there since I cant sell the damn think

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys.. I tore the heads apart and the keepers seem quite a bit bigger.... Would I need to use the stock super coupe retainers?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Hey guys.. I tore the heads apart and the keepers seem quite a bit bigger.... Would I need to use the stock super coupe retainers?
What is your question exactly... or what are you doing?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would it be fine using the stock sc retainers with the ls6 springs? The keepers are big in size than the New edge ones so I doubt they would work with my GT retainers.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Would it be fine using the stock sc retainers with the ls6 springs? The keepers are big in size than the New edge ones so I doubt they would work with my GT retainers.
I would verify seat pressure/install height since the supercoupe heads are different from split port heads.

Not sure how an ls6 spring works with those heads ??

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
there arent many on here that have done the supercoupe swap. for the best information on them, use v6power and go to the supercoupe section... there are a ton of people on there that have done the swap, including v6sprout, who made the swap write up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts