Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the new engine i'm limited by my stock crank so my goal is around 600 rwhp. What supporting mods (Fuel, drivetrain, etc.) am I going to need so I don't have to do things twice?

Already Have:
-150 Shot Of Nitrous
-Eagle H-Beam Rods
-Manley Pistons
-Comp 262AH Cams
-Centerforce DF Clutch w/Aluminum Flywheel
-C&L Intake
-75mm BBK Throttle Body and Plenum
-Underdrive Pulleys

Exhaust:
-BBK Shorty Headers
-Bassani X Pipes
-Flowmaster Mufflers

Suspension/Driveline:
-3:73 Gear Ratio
-BBK Upper and Lower CA's
-Line Lock
-Pro 5.0 Shifter

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm confused. What is your plan. Some sort of FI kit? And then your worried about the rest of your drive train? Your going to need 60 lbs injectors and new fuel pump and rails for any system that is making that much power. Most complete kits come with all this stuff.

The biggest worry is your tranny and rear end supporting the power after the swap. Especially if you are drag racing. You could grind teeth off your tranny or diff and possibly snap an axle.

Then of course you need suspension. your stock LCA's and UCA's would need to upgraded and springs and shocks of course. Subframe connectors are manditory if you want you car to not total it self by bending the chassis (not quoting Fast and the Furious). I mean, its alittle dramatic but not really.

600 rwhp is as the exotic car salesman I know says "weapons grade". You don't want to go having an obsurdly powerful go cart with no seatbelt. The whole car needs to be beefed up for the power. Its all do able and not that expensive really. but needs to be considered, which is why you asked.

I'd say your rear suspension and tranny are going to be your first main obstacles. Then your rear axles and diff. SFC's should be done long before though.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Just checked your garage. Get SFC's and then worry about your tranny, then 31 spline axles and such afterwards.

What ever kit you get for your FI or however you get to the power rating you want will have all the pieces you need for the engine and fuel.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Like Modmustang said you're going to need 60# injectors and probably dual fuel pumps. Not sure about dual fpdms or a modified or upgraded one.

Your stock clutch is gonna go pretty quick. Actual tranny will need some work too. Axles will be alright until you start doing suspension mods and actually putting all that power to the ground. I'd eventually go with 31 spline axles, and carbon discs.

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
600 is what i'm shooting for after a supercharger. I know I need to upgrade to 31 splines and the fuel pump. What pump will support that amount of power and what is not included in a supercharger kit?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I'm shooting for the same number and I'm planning on using a cobra tank with dual supercar pumps. Post a link to the kit you want and we can tell you what else you're going to need.

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm shooting for the same number and I'm planning on using a cobra tank with dual supercar pumps. Post a link to the kit you want and we can tell you what else you're going to need.
Most likely a D1sc or a novi but turbo is always an option. It doesn't say exactly what's included in the kits.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Go with the D1 and never look back! That's what I'm doing.You're going to buy a straight up kit, or are you gonna buy a used one off of someone?

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go with the D1 and never look back! That's what I'm doing.You're going to buy a straight up kit, or are you gonna buy a used one off of someone?
If I can find a used, low mile one that's what i'll do. If not, i'll buy it new. Until then though i'm trying to get the car ready for it. Fuel pump is what i'm most focused on right now because I pegged it last time I was on the dyno

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I would say either a cobra setup with dual GT pumps or a sumped tank with a big external pump.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
fuel, either termi hat with dual pumps or GT super car pump(s) will do. a fuel line upgrade would be something to look at possibly doing as well if you have the cash. its not neseccary, but nice. you cams are mild and will limit what your power adder can do. those cams will do ok with a centri, but not really set up for a turbo/PD blower. your trans might have a hard time with that amount of power as well.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
look at turbo makes the power you looking for easier... a brand new procharger d1 kit with the 8 rib and a nice big red blow off valve will have you way over what a hellion kit will cost you.. or the b&g kit...easiest fuel set up if like said above cobra tank and pumps andbe done...unless you want a full fuel system..

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You can use a single GT pump with KB Bap as well if you go that way. Suspension is a must with that power to go along with the driveline. Basicly look at spending 12K+ to achieve and support that power.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Most folk have rwhp goals like your 600 number for example, others have ET goals. Rwhp goals are cheaper and usually easier to attain than ET goals. What do you want to to with that 600? Because, if you have ET goals like 10s or 9s, you will need two budgets. One for the mods and one for fixing or replacing the stuff that's going to break.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Very true steve.

With the fuel questions, you shouldn't need anything more than the 2 Cobra pumps or G pumps. A KB-Boost a Pump will help if you are still worried about it.

You shouldn't need to run new fuel lines until about 800 hp, after that you need a return style fuel system like the aeromotive kit. They are a bit pricey but the only way if you are turning that much power.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Can you use a cobra hat and dual pumps on a stock gt tank? Do you have to wire up both pumps separately or are they combined into one "plug-in"

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Most folk have rwhp goals like your 600 number for example, others have ET goals. Rwhp goals are cheaper and usually easier to attain than ET goals. What do you want to to with that 600? Because, if you have ET goals like 10s or 9s, you will need two budgets. One for the mods and one for fixing or replacing the stuff that's going to break.
this is the wisest thing i have heard on here in a while. lol. like he says, you have to establish which one you want. a fast car or a car with a lot of hp. cuz you can make 600rwhp with about 5-7k. but making that 600rwhp applicable will cost you about 10-12k

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
cobra tank with dual gt pumps, or a sumped tank... you might could do it with factory fuel rails, 60 lb injectors, might wanna upgrade lines. napa sells lines now that are not braided but they are rated for high volumes. built rear end, full suspension, you could do it with a manual trans but why not change to an auto and put a stall in it, the auto will hold up much better than a standard and its not near as rough on your car, trans brake would then be in order.... those are the basics....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^^ Thats For A Full Blown Drag Car.. Ii Dont Think Thats What He's Loking For..
Is It??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts