Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup yall, I'm done with the swap now and I'm out to upgrade my braking and suspension. I've got a decent idea for my suspension, but I'm more concerned about my brakes. I've been thinking about Cobra brakes, but I saw Mach 1 calipers on 50resto.com (Love those guys) Are they any better than Cobra brakes or are they the same thing. I know I'm going to need different rotors and stuff like that, but whats the difference. What are yalls opinions for my 97's brakes??

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
uprgradfing ur breaking system is expensice.......be prepared to spend about a grand in parts alone......

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahahaha^^

I dont care about the money part of it. **** I've just spent close to 2K for the motor so whats another grand right?? But seriously throw some opinions out here. Money isnt an issue

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well you could throw some cash my way :D I'd say if you don't already have them at least get some springs and shocks/struts. Made a world of difference on my car.

Just out of curiosity, where did you buy all the odds and ends for your swap (gaskets, head bolts)? Did you use the stock dipstick? Which head gaskets did you go with?

Thanks much

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out 50resto.com These guys have everything and more. They have a headswap kit that comes with bolts, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, dipstick tube, and its a good price too. As far as all the bolts and washers for the cams n stuff, they have it too. Just go to their site and go surfing.

My GT is lowered an 1.5" and shes all KYB'ed in all four corners. But other than that its stock. I'm going to go with some subframe connectors, just dont know what kinda. MM maybe?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
hpm subframes, LCA, UCA, and then just get some new pads and rotors. I dont think the stock brakes suck, infact with my ceramic pads, I cant get my brakes to lock up.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lockin up isn't the issue. I'm 100% positive that the GT brakes will do the job, but think about the stopping distance too. I am trying to minimize stopping distance and have a nice set of brakes.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
i have jegs brand drilled rotors...and i got ceramic pads in my brakes...i love them....rotors were like 60 bucks each (fronts only) and idk abuot pads my dad bought them....

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was running fricken sweet, but i pulled the haeds back off cuz im doing headers too. So i didnt have time to mess with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts