Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2011 V6 and I want to lower it and improve the handling. Which brand would you recommend for the best handling?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Which brand of what? I'm on Koni str.t's h&r super sports, adjustable panhard, and einach bolts.

Pretty damn good setup. Wheels and tires play a large role too.

How much are you looking at spending?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm just going to recommend you stick to a subtle, modest -1.5" maximum drop.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wheel spin? Are they simply breaking traction from your engine overpowering the tire's grip? Or are they oscillating up and down? Difference can often be heard easier than felt -
= Wheel hop, and something LCAs can help with. If you're driving a 2011 Mustang, I'm not sure that's what you've been dealing with. Then agian, the Performance Package may simply be spoiling my impression.

Wheel spinning is just having a powerful engine. Plus, are you driving an automatic with a tune? If that's the case, you might just need to exercise a bit of throttle control when coming off the line.

If you aren't riding on performance tires, I would upgrade those first and see how it's feeling. You may regret buying simple LCAs, especially if you end up deciding you want to lower your 'Stang a less-modest amount. You mention lowering springs in your other thread, and subsequently may end up replacing them for adjustable ones.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have LCA's and they work like a dream, but I simply got them because I go to the track a lot and my car is pushing quite a bit of power, if your not modded yet there is not sense in getting them

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
try better tires

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea rtr's are pretty sweet, I am selling my bullits and getting some fr500s

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yea rtr's are pretty sweet, I am selling my bullits and getting some fr500s
yah those are pretty sick to im not 100 percent if i want these tho like a few months ago they were on sale for 1800 i wouldn't mind to pay that also there aren't alot of tires that fit these wheels so idk what to do im holding off

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea I understand, I am getting the FR500's for 415 shipped...not bad.

·
Registered
491 Posts
K-KAW THE MONEY CROW DOTH SPEAK. 19 INCH TIRES COST A BUNDLE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Seriously though, LCA's aren't going to change anything about wheel spin. When your engine overpower's your tires abilities to hold onto whatever's below your car, you will spin your tires. As the Cobra maneuver is to Russian aircraft, wheel spin is to sports and muscle cars.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Get some mickeys lol you will never lose traction again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts