Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since the last time ive gone to the track ive added a lot of chassis and suspension...i.e. tubular k member and a arms, roush rear springs, QA1 rear shocks, and bmr LCA relocation brackets. So my question is...that since my rear is a lot stiffer and my front will be lighter for weight transfer will my M&H Racemasters be ok? I ask because since all the power will go to the wheels now and not the suspension the tire will need to be able to flex and compress more for traction. The M&H's are not a soft wall like the Mickey ET's are...should i just lower tire pressure to compensate or sell them and get ET streets?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had no problem running the M&H's last year with the Roush rear springs. I also have BMR LCA's, Lakewood UCA, relo brackets and d-specs. That being said, I love my MT 295/45R17 ET street radials. I drop the clutch at 6000 and go with them.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Your setup is good you just need to tune it a little. What hole do you have the lower control arms in? What do you have the shocks set too? If you want to give me a call here at the office and we can go over your setup.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the thing i haven't been to the track yet so i don't know what the shocks should be set too quite yet...and i was thinking the lowest holes on the LCA brackets??

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have mine set on the lowest hole in the relo bracket. I also set my dspecs to about 5 turns from full hard. That has been the best for me. Not so soft that it wants to hop but not so hard that it shocks the tires.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weird cuz i heard the opposite some guys take theirs to the stiffest and back it off 2..

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Since you have the QA1 in the rear also i would set the shocks to a 6 or 7 from the softest setting. The s197 like the suspension stiff in the rear. Set the front to a 2 or 3 from softest and start with your control arms in the lowest hole. If your car hooks then unloads the tires move the control arms up 1 hole. If you have any questions give me a call. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts