Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that solid suspension will be a little louder than stock but my front suspension is extremely loud. I have been told it is my mm caster/camber plates that is making this bumping noise. But when I hit any kind of bump in the road I get terribly loud bumps from whichever side I hit the bump on. Sometimes I have some popping just driving down the road. I haven't seen any loose bolts/nuts. I have done a little reading about these things being installed wrong causing this. I didn't install these. I have been contemplating taking them back off and resetting them. Any opinions here? If I can get the video to load to pb ill post it

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had that problem and I replaced my lower ball joints and my lower control arm bushings and the noise went away. What struts and c/c plates are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
OP, what is your exact suspension setup?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
do you have coil overs? I ran a really soft spring up front for a fairly short time and sometimes the spring would compress all the way and bottom out or whatever, kind of sound like that. You should also make sure your struts are in right and there is no up/down play in them.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
a k-member and coilover kit can make noise but if it's an actual "bump" that you can almost feel as much as hear then i would say it may be an installation problem. possibly something worn out but i would start with the coilovers and cc plates.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I've got MM CC plates in my car, and I question anyone that says they're louder than stock. If they make any extra noise over the stock strut tops, it's well below what's generated by my (CA legal) exhaust.

My shot-in-the-dark-guess is that the way that they're adjusted is causing something to hit/rub under compression. I'd take a good look at the tops of your springs and see if there's anywhere the paint looks scratched or rubbed off. You may need to clearance some around the the top of the coil-over assembly. Another option is moving the top of the strut down by changing the spacer arrangement for the MM CC plates (the spacers that are on the strut directly above and below where it goes through the spherical bushing in the top plate). By moving spacers from above the plate to below, you may move the strut assembly out of the way of whatever it's contacting. If you do this, you will need to readjust the height on your coilovers to compensate. Just remember that you need to keep at least one of the fat spacers on top so that the strut can properly articulate in the bushing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts