Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my first time lowering a mustang. I have a 00GT 5pd. I'm going to be using:
H&R SuperSport Lowering kit.
Strange 10way adjustables Front/Rear
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates

I am about to order everything in the next few days...My question is....Am i missing anything to complete the job (Parts, bushings, nuts, bots, etc)? I have all the tools and i know the car will need an alignment when complete!

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i wouldnt get the supersports, they lower too much, and ride like balls, and dont handle any better than stock. the Race spring handle great, ride great, and are not too low.

looks like your list is pretty complete, you MAY want to get a bumpsteer kit though, its $125, and now's the time to do it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
hey

hey man i would recommend doing it all at once if youve the money... x2 ball kit the works id get the control arms to ive been reserching suspension latley also for 2000 so if yea would like some help hit me a pm ive pretty much picked my whole kit just holler, bobby

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to be low! I have heard great things about the H&R supersports.....Now i dont know what to do...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP.....Need More opinions!

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
H&R race, if you want really low, then dont put the isolators back in, it will be as low as the SS's, but will ride better, and handle better.
Why would H&R make a spring advertised to be better then another, but not actually be better? It doesn't make any sense...

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
How much lower do you want the car than stock?

John

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Throw in some subframes and sways bars too if ya really want it to handle

·
Registered
25 Posts
def get the bumpsteer kit. Also if you want to go low, althought it isnt mentioned much on any of the forums intrax springs give you a nice even drop 2" I had these in my old car and the ride was great and the drop was amaxzing.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Any lower than an 1 1/2" and you should definitely get the bumpsteer kit! I would say no to the caster/camber plates but if you are lowering it more than 1 1/2" than CC plates are needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts