Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking for a lowering kit for my 99 GT. I have 18's on it..
I live in the mountains so lots of curvy roads. I want good handling and a nice look..
Any ideas? particular brands?

·
Registered
312 Posts
id say eibach. they're 250 on AM and you might be able to find them cheaper.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Im personally a fan of the H&R SuperSports. Its what im running but i also uprgraded my shocks and struts to the tokico illuminas and Maximum Motorsport CC plates. I have a 1.75 in drop front and 1.6 rear its perfect. I left all isos in the rear and took out all of the isos in the front for a slight raked look.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im personally a fan of the H&R SuperSports. Its what im running but i also uprgraded my shocks and struts to the tokico illuminas and Maximum Motorsport CC plates. I have a 1.75 in drop front and 1.6 rear its perfect. I left all isos in the rear and took out all of the isos in the front for a slight raked look.
yea, looks awesome. Does the front bottom out hard?

·
Registered
575 Posts
you need to do more then lower these cars to improve the was they handle in the corners. sway bar, shocks,struts, strut tower brace etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, gotta work it piece by piece tho..where am i going to find a good deal on overall suspension. I don't care to pay for quality. just wanna find good stuff? reasonable price

·
Registered
575 Posts
ya, gotta work it piece by piece tho..where am i going to find a good deal on overall suspension. I don't care to pay for quality. just wanna find good stuff? reasonable price
I know what your saying it takes time and money!!!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
actually springs alone do make a big difference. you will still want the other stuff but do springs first. you can get a set of eibachs off ebay for under 200 shipped

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I love the twisties aswell. My setup handles great. I have H&R Sport Springs, Steeda strut tower brace, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, MM panhard bar, MM frame connectors, MM axle brace, MM K member, HPM megabyte jr upper & lower control arms, 18" FR500 wheels, Nitto 555, dr rears, Eibach sway bars, MM urethane bushings, Bilstein shocks. It's a bit costly and involved but damn the results were worthwhile. I can hang with vettes and porches in the turns now.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
think i can fit a 2 inch drop in?
They'll fit, but you'll scrape... and the wheels will rub at full lock. I dont reccoment that much of a drop...FOr springs H&R, Eibach, Steeda, and FRPP are all good..

If you want to get serious with some suspension, invest on one of Maximum Motorsports box packages...The Road & Track kit is "GREAT". Anyone who has one would agree i garuntee you. It's pricey though at a little over $2K...But well worth the expense..Im saving up for it myself..

·
Registered
600 Posts
check cjponyparts, they repackaged the eibachs and sell them cheap as hell like 150ish and they say they are the eibach sportlines in a cjponyparts box

p.s. i believe they are a 1.5" drop

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, i bet it handles like a dream! My STi did pretty well, i want my GT to do as well as it. Did you buy your parts all at once or piece it together.. different stores as well?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I started with maximum motorsports r&t box and I ended up switching out some of the parts. It rode to rirm at first for long rides, H&R springs helped that, Eibach sway bars went in with the h&r springs, I already had my control arms. I think that I have the perfect match for my likings. You might want to buy things individually so you can get the right drop height, ride quality, and amount of money that you want to spend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
good site

check cjponyparts, they repackaged the eibachs and sell them cheap as hell like 150ish and they say they are the eibach sportlines in a cjponyparts box

p.s. i believe they are a 1.5" drop
WOW they are well priced low...damn
the 1.5" drop only $170.00, p/n EBS22
the 2.0" drop also $170.00, p/n EBS30
they look like the EB PRO KIT as far as I can tel from the picture.

i bought my EB PRO KIT at tirerack for [email protected]#$%! :mad:
oh well...too late LOL:D

i guess shopping around helps...i was too eager to buy mine lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts