Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my suspension is so bad that my drivers side is sitting 2 inches lower then the left. Do you think that all i need to do is replace the springs shocks etc. im thinking eibach sport and the sport springs any suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
maybe you should check it over or have a shop check it over and see whats broken or worn then go from there ..

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
You definitely need to check stuff out before throwing parts at it. 2" of difference is a LOT. Is it both front and rear? Or just one corner? Do you know if your chassis is still straight?

Regarding what parts to throw, that depends on your budget and how you use the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the whole left side is tilted front and rear so i dont think its torqued. Also if i stand on the door framor just push down on the car front rear middle i get that nice squeking sound. well i guess its off to the mechanic i go

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also 2" loked at it again its more like 1". I just dont want to pay 90 bucks for diagnosis.

also the car is modified but i dont track it i just want a decent ride doesnt have to be soft but dont want bone jarring either.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
also the car is modified but i dont track it i just want a decent ride doesnt have to be soft but dont want bone jarring either.
I read this as "I don't know what I want".

The first question is whether more about cornering or straight-line performance. ("both" is not an acceptable answer)

The second is how important ride quality is. What you've said above is basically meaningless, as we don't know what you'd consider to be "bone jarring".

Just based on what you've said, my suggestion would be for Ford Racing C springs and some decent non-adjustable shocks (KYB GR2s or Monroe Sensatracs).

More information could certainly change that suggestion, though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of ride would the eibach pro kit and the eibach pro damper and struts provide. I just want to make sure im getting the best bang for my buck what can i do to test if the chassis is torqued myself. and if it is theres nothing i can really do to fix it right.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
my car did the same before my anti roll bar i couldnt figure it out. try and change all your bushings in the car too

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man i still didnt answer your question lol. i want improved cornering abilities do you think the eibach is a good route?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah im changing out all the bushings. Im a chevy guy at heart and this mustang needs work so i just want to make sure i get everything right the first time. but i love this car its got more character then i can handle. :D

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with the eibachs, so I couldn't speak to their ride quality. They'll be stiffer that stock, that's for certain, and having matched shocks is a very good thing.

If you're more into cornering, I can't recommend enough that you get full-length SFCs and CC plates.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright cool thanks i havent heard anyhting bad about them so ill give it a shot i know the suspension is bad just wasnt too sure about the lean its odd

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i mean if its the front and rear it shouldnt be a chassis issue right wouldnt that be the right/left rear is uneven to the other corners. my car the whole side is lower

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Yeah I don't think the chassis would be tweaked if it completely leans to one side... Do the springs and struts/shocks and see what happens.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
If your doors are shutting then your uni-body should be straight.
I agree

I had the same problem with my 88 hatch when I first picked it up.. I installed new kyb gr2 struts/shocks, fppr c springs, upr upper/lower moly control arms and what fixed the 1" difference in the rear was the control arms. The bushings were shot on one side in the one upper control arm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts