Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 gt, I use it about once a month to autocross recreationally, for the rest of the time it is just a street car. I have FRPP C springs, I'm now looking to get CC plates and shocks. Recommendations? Adjustable shocks would be nice, but I haven't decided if they're worth the extra money or not.

Car already has weld-in SFCs, aftermarket rear LCAs, and what could be an aftermarket rear sway bar (unsure). I was kind of using this article as a guide (parts list) for a cheap suspension build-up: Mustang GT 5.0L Value-Spec Suspension Upgrade - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

But I've been told those shocks are geared towards drag racing, even though the article says they're all-around performers. Thoughts?

TL;DR What brand of shocks are best for me, and are the MM CC plates worth the extra $50 over the J&M pieces?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Cc plates are a must for what you are doing. Get ones that use a spherical bearing instead of a bushing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I'm just wondering if the MM pieces have a wider range of adjustment on them or something. Don't all the aftermarket cc plates use a spherical bearing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts