Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have alot invested into the suspension of this car. it does have a full pi swap and its not insane fast so it shouldnt be spinning so bad. Heres what i have as far as suspension.
Steeda K- member
Steeda strut tower brace,
Steeda full length welded sub frame connecters
Steeda bumpstear
Maximum Motorsport caster/camber,
Maximum Motorsport front and rear sway bars
Steeda coil overs in front with steeda pro springs
Steeda offset bushings
40 series flowmaster mufflers
Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks/struts (front and rear)
Eibach sportline springs in rear
Steeda X2 ball joints
Steeda Adjustable rear lower control arms
Steeda G-trac bar
Nitto 555r's on 18 psi for launch

She handles like no other but as far as drag, or sprinting she spins all the way through first and most of second. She used to bite okay but now just spin. I have my tokikos at setting 1 in the front and 3 in the rear. any ideas and how low should my car be for the best launch? from ground to fender i mean? any tips would be great especially on the setting my tokikos should be. Also i have no backseats or anythign in my trunk.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
man you should advertise for steeda or something

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yea theres a little bit of steeda stuff on the car. thanks ill check it out!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yeah sounds like you aren't squating. Also, could be your launch and tire combo. Alot goes into it all.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
This thread is like someone putting a drag suspension on there car and then bitching they can't carve corners...

:2cents

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
This thread is like someone putting a drag suspension on there car and then bitching they can't carve corners...

:2cents
No reason he cant get 1.7-1.8 6o times. he has very little rear suspension done.

To the OP, what size tires are out back? Doesnt look like much sidewall is there but its hard to tell, increasing the aspect ration a lil should help some. Might wanna run a lil more psi too, 18 may be too low.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Yeah sounds like you aren't squating. Also, could be your launch and tire combo. Alot goes into it all.
you dont want to squat... atleast for drag racing.... contrary to popular belief

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
No reason he cant get 1.7-1.8 6o times. he has very little rear suspension done.

To the OP, what size tires are out back? Doesnt look like much sidewall is there but its hard to tell, increasing the aspect ration a lil should help some. Might wanna run a lil more psi too, 18 may be too low.
I never said he couldent,But hes never going to see a short time like that unless hes got a set of Sticky tires.a taller side wall may help but if its a street tire its still going to squirm.

you dont want to squat... atleast for drag racing
+1

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the tire in the pics are just my daily's. i run a 17" 03 cobra wheel with 275/40/17 nitto 555 for drag i still spin on those.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Finish up your rear suspension. You've got LCAs, which is a good start, but you need to either get a setup that gets rid of the UCAs (i.e. torque arm/panhard bar), or, at the very least, get some good adjustable/spherical joint UCAs.

Considering all the money you've invested in suspension thus far, I'd spring for the torque arm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
definately looking into the tourqe arm next. Spinning is no fun at all....thanks guys

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
the tire in the pics are just my daily's. i run a 17" 03 cobra wheel with 275/40/17 nitto 555 for drag i still spin on those.
The 555s are just street tires. If you have spare wheels for drag I wouldnt even run the 555Rs, get a better DR like MTs or something. Your not gonna put any decent power down on street tires.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I agree with everything MustangMatt96GT said

1 - 17 of 17 Posts