Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Fox Coupe. I am looking to put a suspension together for the car and have no idea where to start. I have been thinking about Ford Racing and Steeda parts. I want to have a car at the end of this that has a street/strip set up leaning more to the street side. I really dont want to lower if I dont have to. I have thought about Tokico drags struts and shocks. Springs I am not sure maybe Steeda drag springs? Steeda subframe connectors, upper/lower control arms by FRPP or Steeda. ANY suggestions dont really know where to start. I will keep my pony wheels and stock tire size also.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Don't listen to him. He's just a cheap ass. Maximum motorsports subframe connectors are what I have. I'm also going to do torque box reinforcements before I run slicks. Not sure what I'm going to do for springs at the moment since I have lowering springs on the car right now, and don't have the money for what I want to do next. Upper and lower control arms will allow you to remove the quad shocks allowing you to run a wider tire without the risk of wheelhop. If you do an adjustable upper, you can set pinion angle for more 'bite'. It's all about how much money you have to spend. There's tubular k member kits to reduce weight as well as coil over kits with choice of spring rates. And of course there is adjustable shocks and struts allowing you to have the best of both worlds, street and strip. What's your budget?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking around a $1000. Steeda makes a two stage drag kit and was thinking about going with that.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
waste of money. Subframes and battle boxes. Car will hook on slicks if you know how to launch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts