Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have mm lower control arms non adjustable and J&m uppers. I notice after the install on turns my car makes a rubbing noise. I tightened them down with the car in the air. I also noticed when driving I hear alot of rear end noise like bad gears but only after the install any one know what my problem can be??

·
Registered
233 Posts
Control arms should be tightened with the car loaded. At least that's how mine were done,per instructions. As far as the rubbing I'm not sure but the rear end noise is gonna be more noticeable with rear control arms.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear brakes n rotors are fine. There is only a noise when making decently sharp turns

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I also noticed alot more noise after I installed my MM arms. The bushings transmit alot more noise... Just the nature of the beat. You should have torque the bolts with the weight on the rear axle. When I did my install I put the suspension together (total rebuild, transformation honestly) then jacked up the axle housings and let the weight rest on the axle instead of the body, car was still in the air but weight on the axle all the same.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Ok guys I have mm lower control arms non adjustable and J&m uppers. I notice after the install on turns my car makes a rubbing noise. I tightened them down with the car in the air. I also noticed when driving I hear alot of rear end noise like bad gears but only after the install any one know what my problem can be??
Link to specific UCA's, please?

Jazzer :)

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Did you grease the bushings before installing them, including the sides? Also as mentioned you need to tighten any bolts that go through a rubber bushing with the suspension loaded. The sleeve is attached to the rubber and winds up when the suspension moves. Not tightening it in its normal location will leave it bound up and possibly separate the sleeve from the bushing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts