Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 mustang gt. It has as much horsepower as i want on the stock internals. The next thing i want to upgrade is suspension. It has eibach lowering springs. i was looking into buying a panhard bar, torque arm, sway bars, and the eibach prodamper, shcok and spring kit. and fulllength sub frame connectors. Will i be able to feel a good gain from these mods when it comes to cornering? Or am i missing something that would reaallly help.

This car is my daily driver (3 miles to work and back) and i go to the strip about once a month, most of my driving is through county roads and trying to keep up with my friend on his STi. I am aware that these suspension won't allow me to stick with him on the corners but i make up for it on the straights. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
FLSFC (Full Length Sub Frame Connectors) first, if you are spending the time to weld in FLSFC's then get a good brand. MaximumMotorsports is what i'd recommend

yes, going to a torque arm setup and getting rid of the "quadrabind" will help alot. These cars have the same dumb 4 link suspension as fox bodies.

Sway bars need to be last, they are a "fine-tuning" kind of thing

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the other things i mentioned? but thanks for the heads up on the sway bars

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
I have a 2002 mustang gt. It has as much horsepower as i want on the stock internals. The next thing i want to upgrade is suspension. It has eibach lowering springs. i was looking into buying a panhard bar, torque arm, sway bars, and the eibach prodamper, shcok and spring kit. and fulllength sub frame connectors. Will i be able to feel a good gain from these mods when it comes to cornering? Or am i missing something that would reaallly help.
QUOTE]

^^ other things you mentioned....

FLSFC 1st.

IF you go torque arm setup, then Panhard usually comes with it (or can go watts link), You might need different front springs just because the rear setup has changed so much. With torque arm setup your rears will change.

You go torque arm and that will be a big change for the good, again, getting rid of the rear uppers changes these cars alot. The front isn't a big an issue, just match the correct springs with correct dampners. Of course, coilovers are the hands down best.

There are other things you can do before going as drastic as torque arm. That's why I keep saying "FLSFC 1st" That helps tie your car in together better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FLSFC are on the way from maximum motorsports. I think im going to order the MM package deal that is panhard bar and torque arm because that gets rid of the upper control arms. Then i will probably buy coil overs for around the whole car and be done with suspensuon for a while. What else is there to do thats not as darastic as torque arm like you mentioned?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If you have 400rwhp, then definitley get some FLSFC's and then some LCA's at the least.

Next, what tires are you running?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I wish I could say I reccomend the coilovers but for what they cost only thing your really paying for is the ability to adjust ride heighth..IMO my coilovers (othrs too) make a bit of noise and ride just like my sportlines did.. just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
I wish I could say I reccomend the coilovers but for what they cost only thing your really paying for is the ability to adjust ride heighth..IMO my coilovers (othrs too) make a bit of noise and ride just like my sportlines did.. just my .02
I'd have to disagree, what brand were you using? If it was some cheap crap then that makes sense.
But running coilovers isn't just adjustability. Moving the spring closer to the wheel changes the wheel rate to the good. If you get a name brand coil over setup (maximum motorsports) then you don't have those issues.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
FLSFC are on the way from maximum motorsports. I think im going to order the MM package deal that is panhard bar and torque arm because that gets rid of the upper control arms. Then i will probably buy coil overs for around the whole car and be done with suspensuon for a while. What else is there to do thats not as darastic as torque arm like you mentioned?
Maximum Motorsports torque arm..... word....

You can do adjustable height lower control arms (weight jackers) and then you can run factory springs and drop the car.

You can do a PM3L (poor mans 3 link) which is running a pan hard bar and removing an upper rear link. This gets rid of that quadra bind and still keeps rear end located side to side

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Another +1 for MM FLSFC. I had the stock bolt on connectors from my Bullitt and went to MM's, night and day difference. I also have MM coil covers on all four corners and like them. I don't find them to me particularly noisy but I don't know how much better they would perform if you were to just upgrade your shocks and springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts