Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend a complete suspension kit that will improve handling and lower the car enough but not too much? i want to be able to drive it on city roads...i am very partial to steeda but dont know which kit to get and which stage. thanks!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
maximum motorsports. i would call them and let them know what you want if you're not too knowledgeable on what's needed. However, their kits are pretty solid -- but pricey, but worth it.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
can anyone recommend a complete suspension kit that will improve handling and lower the car enough but not too much? i want to be able to drive it on city roads...i am very partial to steeda but dont know which kit to get and which stage. thanks!!
What is your ultimate goal for the car?(Sorry Jazzer!:D)

How much improvement are you looking for? There is a certain point in which, for you, the NVH(Noise/Vibration/Harshness) may be too much. It's a trade off. I installed the Maximum Motorsports Max Grip box which is basically their full race car setup. It handled amazing and I had built it mainly for open tracking but it was much stiffer, harsher and noisier than stock so it depends on what you're comfortable with.....but OMG did it handle!!!:D

When I would go to the track I would get guys that were driving M3's and STI's in my group come up to me and ask me what all the car had in it....I would show them but tell them the most important mod that was beating them was the driver mod:p

John

·
Registered
403 Posts
i have the steeda stage 3 handling on mine. Its absolutely fantastic, and i loooove it.
#JusSayin

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all! i want a high performance driver really. not too hard and noisy. BLUEGT01 how much lower is your car w the steeda stage 3???

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Mine drives very well, is still comfortable and isn't more noisy than it was before but handles worlds better. Eibach springs and struts, MM HD Lca, MM panhard rod and full length subframe connectors. I highly recommend these for a put together street car. Adjustable shocks and coilovers might be better but I can't give personal experience.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i ordered the 1994-04 Mustang Eibach Pro-System Plus Suspension Kit ...it fit my budget and i wont be on the track.......does anyone have any input on this kit?? thanks again guys!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ little late to ask for opinions now, silly :D

Will be a nice kit for a DD with a drop of 1.5" or so. Don't see a rear sway-bar, but kit says it is included. I would hope so, as ONLY upgrading the front bar, will likely just compound understeer issues.

Appears this kit will be just right for your described needs :yes

Jazzer :)

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I have the full Eibach Pro System with Maximum Motorsports CC Plates. Also added a Steeda adjustable rear sway bar to dial in some oversteer. I like it for what I do but it takes some getting used to since car is a lot more tail happy if I give it too much throttle mid corner. Get a set of nice tires and you'll be set :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Dial the rear bar back down a peg or two and make your ride a bit less tail happy :yes

A car that understeers is safer than one that oversteers

Jazzer.... with words of wisdom :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts