Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 GT with MAC cai, BBK 75mm t/b, C&L plenum. mainly used for daily driver, but also some occasional track/street racing...

i'm surprised there's not a sticky on this, and i've looked for threads that answer this...but to no avail. if you know of any please point me in the right direction. i want to beef up my suspension and have been doing some shopping. i have a list of what i want, but i don't know what each piece does or how it would affect things. let me know if there's anything here that's just a waste or if there's anything i need to add (budget minded):

- KYB shocks/struts
- Eibach springs
- Rear upper/lower control arms
- Subframe connectors (does it matter which ones?)
- Steeda caster/camber plates (4 bolt)
- BBK strut tower brace
- Steeda X2 ball joints
- Sway bars (not really on the list, but do they help?)

any feedback or links to other forum threads would be great! thanks guys!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised no one has answered this for you. Pretty much all of these mods are good. The stock mustang suspension is crap. It all depends on what you do with your car. If you want it to handle well around the corners the sway-bars will make a work of a difference. I say start in this order and then if you aren't satisfied, move down the list:

1. Shocks/Struts, Springs, Caster Camber plates(maximum motorsport 4 bolt), X2 ball joints. (most important parts)
2. Subframe connectors (full length are best)
3. Lower Control Arms (maximum motorsport recommended)
4. Front & Rear sway bars

Upper control arms aren't really necessary IMO.

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
Upper control arms aren't really necessary IMO.
Unless you want to launch better, then you need to get adjustable uppers so you can set the pinion angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts