Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, havent posted for awhile, been to busy with other random **** and school.

Got some more money put away for the car, and am starting to look for suspension components.

After talking to my auto teacher, he says he could probably do sub frame connectors for me if I brought the car in for him and left it with him for a couple days. So it would just cost me materials opposed to an actual kit. Sound good? Could I just make torque box reifenforcers to than? What thickness of metal would I need?

Ok so now suspension, since that will be the next thing I will be working on once I get my sub frame connectors and do my torque boxs.

For shocks, people are saying Lakewood 50/50's. Any other prefernces?
Summit upper and lower arms..?
Should I be looking at any kind of springs?
What should I do for the front end? all 4 cyl stuff right now.

Dont want to spend TONS of money of this stuff, as I am on a budget. just let me know what you guys think so far.

Brett.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you can find the tubular control arms pretty cheap on ebay.....just make sure they have good bushings

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the summit upper and lowers sound good? Along with the shocks?

Im assuming im going to need different springs, also, I realize I need to run a different K member to go over to a V8 along with motor mounts. Any brands I should look at? Also keeping in mind I cant afford top notch.

Anyone know if the Lakewood upper and lower arms are any good?
Lakewood 20150 - Lakewood Rear Control Arms - JEGS
Lakewood 20152 - Lakewood Rear Control Arms - JEGS

Or am I better off with the Summit set-up?

Brett!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i say AJE on the k-member

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
+1.......and just use the stock springs.....they work fine at the track.....lakewood has good shocks.....and summit uppers and lowers should be fine......the main point with uppers and lowers is just so they are strong and dont flex and stuff

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Strange adj stuts and shocks..... MM lower adj control arms. baseline suspension's upper control arm relocation kit, drag launch spring kit and good tires

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So where it stands right now, though its not alot. I got about 400-500 put away towards the car. Once summer comes around, ill be working a ton, mostly working on the farm. So money should be flowing in pretty good.

I want to order so far...
Torque box plates
50/50 Lakewood Rear
70/30 Lakewood fronts?
Jegs 4 point cage

Brett!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts