Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can basically buy a full on suspension setup from either maximum motorsports, or ride tech, air ride system. or i can get a supercharger for about $600 more. what do you think priority would be?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you could get a few of the basic suspension upgrades and then go for the s/c :D lol

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true, but the roads in my city are absolute ****. like im talking a gravel road would ride better than these, so i just dont want to end up breaking anything or putting more force on my tires as it is.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
thats a big decision...i would personally go for the s/c...just cant help the need for power...but as stated some suspension would make the s/c much more effective.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i want as much power as i can get, but whats the point of it all if you end up breaking a ****in tie rod or something because of shitty suspension, i dunno lol

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
find a kit that just replaces the weak points in the stock setup ie control arms...tie rods, shocks/struts and drop springs

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
do you want your car to handle well or go faster. if your priority is the road course then do suspension and screw the blower

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah i want as much power as i can get, but whats the point of it all if you end up breaking a ****in tie rod or something because of shitty suspension, i dunno lol
more like breaking a piston rod....

If you put a sc on a stock motor (you have a stock motor, right?) how much power are you going to get out of it? 400 rwhp? for $6k? for that much money you can build a N/A motor that will give you 400rwhp that will last you so much longer than FI, and it would be brand new.

If you want handling, forget about the motor, get suspension, with good suspension and stock motor you could beat vettes on a road course.

So what are your goals?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

If you put a sc on a stock motor (you have a stock motor, right?) how much power are you going to get out of it? 400 rwhp? for $6k? for that much money you can build a N/A motor that will give you 400rwhp that will last you so much longer than FI, and it would be brand new.

If you want handling, forget about the motor, get suspension, with good suspension and stock motor you could beat vettes on a road course.

So what are your goals?
I set up my sc for around $3k and it was definitely worth it

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I vote supercharger. I ran a 11.39 on a completely stock suspension and 17" dr's. Then you can slowly piece together the suspension.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts

So what are your goals?
your not gonna be building any 400 rwhp n/a 2vs so dont have a clue where you got that form and if you did, it would cost a helluva lot mroe than 6k to do so

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

So what are your goals?
they set twin screw superchargers at a set psi so it doesnt do what you just said. if you dont maintain everything then yes, its possible, but it shouldnt be happening in the first place.
and a built engine would be alot more than $6k. besides, i can get a kb for $5k, so why bother?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I vote for the supercharger. theres always little bits and pieces you can buy that will be good enough to support the s/c. just my .02 cents

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Supercharge. You will be glad you did.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
save another 2 weeks and buy both! My UPR adjustable uppers and lowers were somewhere around $300, then another $130ish for a bumpsteer kit to eliminate the tie rods

later you can get more hardcore into the suspension

·
Registered
468 Posts
thats a tough one man..but id probobly go with the supercharger and then call it a day with performance. after that start spending money on suspension parts
haha i thought i was going to call it a day with my blower....how wrong i was..you always want more no matter how much you have....but neways CHARGE IT! you will get much more satisfaction for your money

1 - 20 of 47 Posts