Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I know I could spend more, but I am on a budget. But then again, I dont want crappy parts. I know that the Konis are good from past threads, and Eibach products are good since I have Eiback Pros springs, but what about this UMI stuff? Do the prices look ok as well?

X STR.T S197 Set Koni - STR.T series Damper kit (2 shocks, 2 struts)
Vehicle: Ford Mustang, 2005-2010 $318.08 1 $318.08

X 35101.320 Eibach - Sway bar/Anti-roll bar kit w/billet aluminum rear mounts
Vehicle: Ford Mustang, 2005-2010 $329.99 1 $329.99

X S197AdjCAkit UMI - Control Arm kit: Includes Adjustable Upper AND Lower Control arms
Vehicle: Ford Mustang, 2005-2010 $279.99 1 $279.99

X 1044 UMI - Panhard bar--ON CAR ADJUSTABLE w/Urethane Bushings
Vehicle: Ford Mustang, 2005-2010 $118.00

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cool. Also, would this be the right parts to get first(keep in mind its a vert). The only other thing I can think of would be a strut brace.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have all UMI products in the rear and have great success with them. Since your car is lowered get the LCA relocation brackets from UMI as well. With that list you car should handle really well. The only option may be to get the sway bars from Strano Performance Parts - Parts Catalog as well (I assume that's where you saw the Konis). His kit is 3 way adjustable both front and rear and is just a little more than the Eibach set.

And yes, for a convertible especially a strut bar should make a difference (check out UMIs while there).

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

Ryan, do I need the relocation brackets since I have the Eibach Pro springs?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Ryan, do I need the relocation brackets since I have the Eibach Pro springs?
Hello,

No you do not need them, the car will work with out them. They are however recommended for better traction. When you lower the car it changes the angle of the rear lower control arms, this change usually leads to more tire spin than you had before. The relocation brackets allows the vehicle to be lowered but corrects the control arm angle gaining back the traction you once had. They also have two settings to allow a more severe angle which usually cures the wheel hop issues as well. These brackets can also be referred to as "anti-squat" brackets, this refers to the body lifting forcing the rear end into the ground during launch. So they are not needed but if looking for better traction they are recommended.

I hope that helps :)
Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts