Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. i just got an 86 Vert and noticed today i have a clunking in the back end. so I put it up on stands and found these in my rear springs... Im THINKING they are preventing sag in the old springs... a set of new springs are 86 bucks so I might just replace them, but still would like to know if that really is what these are.

that metal thing is what im asking about...

thanks guys.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yup, looks like somebodys homeade bandaid to cure a sag, just buy some drops or steal a set from the boneyard!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those are actually sold at auto part stores to put lift in to help sagging springs used them in my 89 for a month till I had the money for new springs!

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Those are actually sold at auto part stores to put lift in to help sagging springs used them in my 89 for a month till I had the money for new springs!
Yup. Come in two sizes, big or small.

That has to ride like ****.

Are you replacing the shocks as well?

·
Registered
398 Posts
just cuz they sell it doesnt mean u should buy it.

Note to self, saggy springs can be fixed by sticking **** between the coils :shiftyeyes
hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it actually dont ride to bad. and yes, I plan on getting new shocks as well, but thats going to wait a while... Gotta work out how to change the top out first, and then there are a few interior issues that i wanna solve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts