Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was wondering whether or not this will make a difference or not. My 01 gt is currently stock and i am wanting to lower it. I currently have some eibachi pro kit lowering springs still in the box. I was wondering whether or not it will be worth it to buy the bullitt suspension package and put it on my stang. So far this has been the cheapest setup i have found and it comes with tokico performance shocks and struts and front and rear performance swaybars and also bullitt springs (which i will more than likely not use due to the fact i already have some eibachis) So my question is if i buy this package will i be able to tell a difference in my handling and will it stiffen up my suspension and is it worth it? The kit is less than $600.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i actually have that setup on my car right now: Bullitt handling kit with Eibach pro's. the Bullitt setup made a noticeable difference in how the car handled. i was very happy with it. the drop wasn't as much as i wanted, that's why i got the Eibach's. it's good enough for right now till i upgrade to better stuff, but for right now, it meets the needs i have...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so with the bullitt kit i will feel a difference in my suspension. Does your car handle curves very well, and how about corners?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
so with the bullitt kit i will feel a difference in my suspension. Does your car handle curves very well, and how about corners?
it handles better than a stock GT. one of the Bullitt's big selling points aside from the styling was that the suspension was upgraded over the GT. you'll notice a difference, but i wouldn't use it for road course racing or anything. like i said, it made a difference and it's not bad for a DD, but if you plan on racing the car, i would get a setup designed for that type of racing...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks a lot. i just plan on using the car as a DD. So in another words the bullitt suspension kit is the best bang for the buck or no? B/c i was kinda wanting to get this setup and get some rear control arms so i can stiffen up my suspension and handling and get better traction.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
yeah, it's really good for the money. there's better stuff out there, but if it's just a DD, you should be fine with it. i plan on adding some upper ans lower control arms ans subframe connectors to help with the handling....

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
How much is the Bullit kit? You may want to look at Maximum Motorsports or Griggs Racing for a kit. These 2 companies are legendary in knowing how to make a mustang handle. They have a very well respected pedigree in the racing community which means a lot of that technology is going to trickle down into their street packages. Take a look and see how their prices compare with the Bullit Kit. I installed Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box and WOW what a difference! Even my friend who owns a BMW M3 admits that it handles very close to his car! Maybe not quite as smooth since I bought the full race setup so the suspension is pretty stiff but MM will tailor your spring rate to however you want to drive the car.

John

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i paid about $400 when i got mu Bullitt kit...
+1 on Maximum
otorsports and Griggs racing making great stuff for Mustang Handling. i got the Bullitt kit because i was on a budget and was looking for something better than stock. the Bullitt kit offered what i was looking for at the time, but i'll probably end up replacing stuff down the road. as the car makes more power, i'll need better suspension goodies...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I got my bullit setup through blue oval industries on ebay. It was $520 shipped. I still havent done the rear end, but got the front end done. Handling is night and day difference. The springs are similiar to the frrp c springs, they wont really drop the car much but will definatly firm up the ride. Since you already have the Eibach springs, put them on and sell the c springs.

If you do the install i have a few suggestions...dont worry about the lower isolators on the front springs, they kinda make it hard to line the springs up into the pocket. On the front struts you can wedge a screwdriver in the slot while loosening/tightening the bolt...but if you can find the correct tool definatly use (not sure what the correct tool is though). Kit does not include new bushings for the sway bars, you can reuse the stock ones but id recommend buying some new ones. Make sure you get an alignment after doing the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts