Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so my steeda G-TRAC suspension kit stage 4 kit (steeda x2 ball joints, bumpsteer kit, and billet swaybar mounting brackets) came in the mail and as i was visually inspecting everything the ball joints looked damaged? ill let you guys decide, since i know nothing about it lol. the one on the right is crooked as you can see.

also should i install those silver rings or spacers? my car is lowered about an inch and a half. i have caster camber plates too. (MaxMotor brand)

also it says that it is highly recommended that i install the silver rings since im not on stocker springs. but I WANT A RAKE. would my suspension be worse if i left the spacers out?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what function does the billet swaybar mouting brackets serve?

and isnt all three of these parts practically the same install?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
okay cool, i figured as much but i didnt want to break it or mess it up if it isnt supposed to move around before being on the car.

I lol'ed... Just wait until you have to press the old ones out and press those in. :)

I just went through all that stuff recently. Install some a-arm poly bushings while you are in there, that's what I did.

Lots of fun.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lol'ed... Just wait until you have to press the old ones out and press those in. :)

I just went through all that stuff recently. Install some a-arm poly bushings while you are in there, that's what I did.

Lots of fun.

haha im a noob. well what kind of bushing did you get? link perhaps?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The install of X2 baljoints, bumpsteer kit, and a-arm bushings took me maybe 5-6 hours and I have most tools and rented the press in the picture.

I got sone poly a-arm bushings here. Front Control Arm Bushings : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

I also replaced all sway bar bushings and sway bar linkages/bushings. All from MM. :)

The difference is very noticeable. I regret not doing all that sooner.

Then you need to get the toe back close to correct. I used the jackstand and string method, google it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The install of X2 baljoints, bumpsteer kit, and a-arm bushings took me maybe 5-6 hours and I have most tools and rented the press in the picture.

I got sone poly a-arm bushings here. Front Control Arm Bushings : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

I also replaced all sway bar bushings and sway bar linkages/bushings. All from MM. :)

The difference is very noticeable. I regret not doing all that sooner.

Then you need to get the toe back close to correct. I used the jackstand and string method, google it.

thanks! might as well do all the similar installs at the same time. now, does anyone know about that sway bar mount? and whether or not its best for me to install those silver spacers or can i get away with not putting them in, if i put them in it looks as if i have to remove the springs? i would just rather save the time and still accomplish my RAKE. but if it just makes my steering worse without putting them in, then by all means ill say F the rake

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what about those billet swaybar mouting brackets. do you have or know what those are for? came with the package. and i will be complementing the steeda sway bar i have now, so i dont think i need new sway bar bushings since the sway bar came with new ones im pretty sure its only been 10k miles since i installed the sway bar and bushings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts