Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Maybe start off with steeda strut twr and chromoly upper and lwr cntrl arms. Then a rear sway bar and tubular K member up front. And some 2" drop springs... Adj. camber plates up top in the front tokico struts all the way around. Cobra brake conversion front AND back! And if you really want to spend some big bucks drop 5K on a progressive brake controller oh yeah and Falken z tires on a set of 17" wheels... If I had an endless bank that is what I would do...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, I'd say adjustable shocks/struts would be a good choice so you can tune it for more comfort or more performance when you need to. Maybe the Advanced Geometry IRS (as apposed to the torque arm/PHB or 5-link setups) because you'll still get some of the comfort that comes from IRS but superior handling to the stock version. Other than that, some really comfortable seats.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm going with H&R race springs 800/350lb and Bilstein race valved shocks and struts. Also a HD adjustable rear swaybar by Maximun Motorsports. A good K-member also could hekp the geometry of the front end. As always good stiffining is in order, sub frames and cage.

The Fox bodys problem is UNDERSTEER. So you want to increase the stiffness of the rear springs and swaybar and soften the front springs and sway bar.

There is many other aftermarket suspension upgrades like 3-link, 4-link, WATTS link and coilovers. But listed above is what I consider the best upgrade for stock "type" suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts