Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok next thing on my list is definetly my suspension. I have an 04 Mustang Gt. As far as race suspension would go, would a set of cut Foxbody 4 cyl springs do the trick? along with adjustable shocks and control arms of course, but my question is really on the springs,i can get some for 15 bucks, so should i jump on these? And what makes these so great?

:woot thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
I run fox 4cyl's up front and strange 10-way struts.

What makes them so great is that the springrate and height is close to what you would get out of a drag spring. It's handle about like stock but you'll get a lowered nice look and good weight transfer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
mdvaldosta said:
I run fox 4cyl's up front and strange 10-way struts.

What makes them so great is that the springrate and height is close to what you would get out of a drag spring. It's handle about like stock but you'll get a lowered nice look and good weight transfer.
i was actually looking at going with the same setup joe... the eibach drag springs in the front sit too high. i might actually just cut the drag springs.?.?.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
I like my setup, looks sweet and handles as well as stock considering I don't have a swaybar (the adj struts are key to this). They won't transfer as well as those drag springs but its a good compromise I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so then i should run cut 4cyls in the front, how much coil do you have cut off? and then for the back should i use 4cyls also? and how much were those adjustable shocks?? :banana oh and forgot to add,are you still runningthe stock lsd and driveshaft, Joe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
You may not have to cut the fronts at all, depends on how low you want it. They'll lower a stock GT just by putting them on. I cut my fronts 1/4 coild and don't run any isolators. For the rear you'd use fox V8 rears. My shocks aren't adjustable, their Monro Sensi-tracs (el cheapo's from Advance Auto). The adj struts were $230 shipped from Jeg's.

I'm running 31 spline Moser's w/ a stock used 31 spline carrier out of a Ford Explorer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mdvaldosta said:
You may not have to cut the fronts at all, depends on how low you want it. They'll lower a stock GT just by putting them on. I cut my fronts 1/4 coild and don't run any isolators. For the rear you'd use fox V8 rears. My shocks aren't adjustable, their Monro Sensi-tracs (el cheapo's from Advance Auto). The adj struts were $230 shipped from Jeg's.

I'm running 31 spline Moser's w/ a stock used 31 spline carrier out of a Ford Explorer.
ha, may be el cheapo but they work.. 4cyl in the fornt 8cyls in the back with any kinda shock? would they have to special for drag suspension or something?? orry forso many queestions but i've got power now i just need it to be put to the ground...not fair losing to mustangs who have basic bolt on and sick suspension and taking my supercharged stang out at the track.. :crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
WHT00GT said:
i was actually looking at going with the same setup joe... the eibach drag springs in the front sit too high. i might actually just cut the drag springs.?.?.?
Most drag springs are made too tall so the height can be "adjusted" depending on what ride height you need. Cut away, just remember, it's easier to take more off than to add a little. Rick
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top