Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help here. I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and just make it better for overall use. I'm not too sure of what all would be good for daily use and a few trips to the track here and there.

I plan to get a Spydershaft and Tokico D-Specs. What else would be a good idea? Upper and lower control arms, A-arms, K-member, etc.? And would adjustable stuff be worth while or is non adjustable fine? I've been looking mostly at BMR stuff but I'm not too sure of what all would make a good set-up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you looking for? Straight line performance or handling?
Just a good general mix. I'm not looking for just a straight line drag set-up or a road racing set-up. I like to mess around from light to light with my friends but I also want to be able to race down the highway and have good handling.

I pretty much just want to know what will give me a good balance since it's a daily driver.

I'm not too smart with suspension stuff and right now I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, and pricing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a good general mix. I'm not looking for just a straight line drag set-up or a road racing set-up. I like to mess around from light to light with my friends but I also want to be able to race down the highway and have good handling.

I pretty much just want to know what will give me a good balance since it's a daily driver.

I'm not too smart with suspension stuff and right now I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, and pricing.
Steeda's Stop the Hop Pak will work if you're staying fairly stock on the power front. If you're kicking it up a notch it wont work.

For wheel hop....some sort of sturdy lower control arm (I use BMR billet...the squared ones with poly bushings). I use a J&M upper control arm (adjustable so I could reset my pinion angle). I also use D-specs and Ford Racing lowering springs (and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm making a bunch of power).

Good luck and enjoy your car!

bj

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
+1 on the BMR Lvl 1 handling Package

1 - 8 of 8 Posts