Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, finally got all my suspension components here for my 03 gt vert.

Hr ss's
Tokico hp's all around
Steeda x1 ball joints, 4bolt cc plates, bumpsteer kit, and sfc's

I also got new isos for springs.

Whats everyone think about this setup? Also, any thoughts on running all, some, or none of the isos? Anything im missing? Car has 50k miles.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Hey we r doin the same stuff pretty much :) good luck

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If you don't already throw some subframe connectors on there

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Look into some lower control arms

·
UCC
250 Posts
I recommend bbk upper and lower control arms they a great! Best thing i bought for my car so far though i wish i could have afforded the steeda ones though :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive got the steeda fl subframe connectors. Gonna have them installed in next week or two. Whats the advantage of swapping control arms?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
suppose to stop some body flex and have some added traction

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
sounds like a lot better setup than stock. and id put the isos in all the way around.
im a little impartial to coilovers myself but none the less good luck man and congrats

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, im not planning on going to strip or anything so im gonna skip the lca's for right now. Im just looking for handling the twisties on the weekends! Thanks for feedbak guys. Ill post pics as soon as possible!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
If you're going to go with new shocks and struts you might as well consider a better performing strut to handle the drop and increased spring rate. I recommend bilstein hd's or at least Koni STR.T's. Koni's will be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
No iso's tend to cause noise. Id say stick with stock if they are in good shape. Like stated above, you will want to consider some rear control arms. Definitely do lowers and remove the quad shocks. Do some research on uppers before you pull the trigger though, many aftermarket upper control arms have poly bushings on the body side that tend to tear up the upper torque boxes(where the arm mounts to the body) due to increased bind brought on by the stiffer bushings. Your stock uppers will perform just fine assuming your upper control arm bushings are in good shape.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
You're going to love the H&R's, I wish I bought them before wasting money on other springs.

·
Need more power!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought about going with an adjustable shock/strut combo but since my car is not a dd i went with the hp's. ill let you guys know how it works out. I cant wait to get everything installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts