Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What suspension upgrades do you guys recommed for my ride, Im also looking for a new set of rims/wheels where I can improve the look without sacrificing effeciency. I dont want my wheels to be too heavy. Also whats the best oil for my motor right now I use valvoline high performance 10W-40 (gray bottle)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Upper and lower rear control arms make a huge difference, as long as everything else is in order, if not, fix stuff first.

·
Registered
445 Posts
BOOTSY:
What kind of differences do control arms have on the ride? Smoother ride, or is it just one of those things that "needs to be replaced because Ford sucked at it"?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
ford didnt suck at it.... but theyre thin and flex alot

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ah. Trying to learn things every day here.. woo.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
BOOTSY:
What kind of differences do control arms have on the ride? Smoother ride, or is it just one of those things that "needs to be replaced because Ford sucked at it"?
Its that they flex at the bushings and the body of the control arms. The difference is night and day. and its an all around benefit. street, drag, autocross, they all benefit.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Side note:

THe stock suspension is a 4 link style. the only reason it does not need a track bar is because its triangulated by the angles of the control arms in relation to the axle and the body. the "bind" keeps everything in place. better bushings cuts down on the flex, and adds to the "binding".

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i upgraded to summit brand upper and lower control arms from the advice of others on here, it made a huge difference, I also did tokico blue shocks and lowering springs total of about $800 so pretty affordable and made a huge difference

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanx guys..what about my choice of motor oil is the Valvoline High Performanc (gray bottle) good enough or should I spend on the Mobile 1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool thanx guys..what about my choice of motor oil is the Valvoline High Performanc (gray bottle) good enough or should I spend on the Mobile 1
Yeah suspension is a big deal in St. Croix VI 75% of the roads suck,full of potholes and dips and tricks and an annoying amount of speed bumps thats why I wanna keep stock hieght as well

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
reg cheapy 10w40 in ma stroker, whatever brand my friends work uses, dont know dont care

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
yea, the rear upper and lower control arms make a huge difference in takeoff. i got a semi cheap bbk boxed rear upper and lower control arms and my car seems to not wheel hop anymore. dont forget about the subframe connectors too! and torque box reinforcement isn't such a bad idea too. and i use royal purple, i know that's way overboard for my car but i was looking at the dyno myths and putting synthetic oil gives it a very small HP gain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts