Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to complete my suspension, car is a dd like to take the corners fast here in chattanooga. i have sfc tokiko blue struts and shocks ford springs and lca.want to get a kmember kit panhard bar cc plates mabey torque arm. going with mm for panhard bar and torque arm, but dont know what to get for a kmember. was going to go with upr but some say its garbage, i want to go with mm but its a bit high price for a dd. i like the team z kmember but not sure what do you guys think is there anything else i might need and what k member should i go with thanks

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Have you looked at the AJE k member? I have not paid for it yet but as of now thats what im looking at getting. As for the rear suspension, good choice with the tq arm and whatnot.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
b/s... If you are looking at all these parts, you are looking for a pretty serious corner-carver :yes

In order of items on your list and improved performance, I would recommend the TA/PHB prior to ANYTHING else. This will likely require you to purchase new rear springs, as rates needed for a TA can differ enough that your existing ones may not work. Talk to the MM tech and explain your ULTIMATE goal and see what he/she says reguarding existing springs with a TA. If you need to replace them, you may consider going CO's, but might require you to get new rear shocks.

As for a "K", go MM or Griggs and not look to TeamZ for one. It is not designed for the stress/strain of hitting hard corners. Once you go new "K", you are silly not to go CO's up front. This may also lead to the need for new struts, so your budget may get out of wack here....

Welcome to the world of suspension mods :D

Jazzer :)

PS.... a little proper punctuation would be a lot nicer to read :yes

·
Registered
48 Posts
Qa1 makes nice suspension parts including k member and lower control arms. I think it's more fir a drag racing set up though but u should check em out. I had it on my 02 Rouen and was very happy with the quality.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ Yes... the QA1 is a drag piece and should not be used for a car looking to take hard corners.

MM or Griggs are the way to go for a CC Mustang :yes

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Panhard Bar

Make sure you take the time to mount the panhard correctly. The MM piece was already installed on my '00 when I bought it and the mount was bent. The shop that installed it didn't shim it correctly nor have it tight to the frame rail. As a result the mount bent after some opposite-lock excitement. It's a great piece but if it isn't mounted correctly it will bang against your exhaust and cause other inconveniences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at getting ford racing lowering springs. Do yall have any advice/sugestions on whether or not to get those or some other brand.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Save up for coil-overs, then do the k member.
Have trust in the great Jazzer

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got the FRPP progressive rate on mine and they are fine for the street, near stock ride quality. They seem too soft for the track though. Ran a couple of autocrosses and they had me wishing for a firmer set of fixed rate coils or a coilover setup.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
One thing I'd like to add to Jazzers post....

A lot of people think that reducing weight is the ultimate way of making your car faster....

WRONG!! For a corner carver, it's more about WHERE that weight is placed. Yes, reducing weight will help in power to weight but there is such a thing as having TOO light a car. I'm refering more to downforce, understeer/oversteer, etc.

My point? Some will look at the MM K as heavier than the other brands and think it is a negative but, in reality, it is a plus as it will also hold up to the abuse that carving corners puts on your suspension. It's a no-brainer as far as the trade off.

MM and Griggs K's are SPECIFICALLY set up for carving corners. If you're going to be straightlining the car then, by all means, go with UPR but for carving corners MM or Griggs is where you want to be.

John

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was looking at getting ford racing lowering springs. Do yall have any advice/sugestions on whether or not to get those or some other brand.
If you are talking about the c-springs they are actually pritty good IMO. The only issue is your car will still sit fairly high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts