Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Now I know this is like beating a dead horse. But about to make an order so wanted opinions. Budget is $1000 give or take.

My 2013 gt is my daily driver and hardly ever go to the track, mods are in my sig.

What is the ideal suspension package?

Mix and matching parts is fine. Thanks guys and sorry for the same thread lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have been happy with the frpp non-adjustable kit. Later added upper and lower control arms - really settled down the rear end. The stock suspension felt like a boat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows it grab. Pretty good? I'm looking to do this once lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought the kit the same day I bought the car. Only spent two weeks on the stock suspension. It's my dd so I'm satisfied. My only complaint is the front sway bar could be thicker.

Only install issue was right rear was an inch higher than left rear. Got an adj panhard bar and the car eventually settled flat.

Maybe would like better dampers someday.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Love my ffrp k springs with shocks and struts with gt500 strut mounts. Got em at LMR along with BMR lca's, relo brackets and adjustable panhard bar. Car feels 10x times better and just sticks to the ground. I think everything is close to 12-1300 so just a lil higher then u stated

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the market for shocks/struts as well. I've recently bought FRPP 1" lowering springs and I've been looking at steeda, FRPP & koni's. Can't decide.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. There is a lot to choose from.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I'm in the market for shocks/struts as well. I've recently bought FRPP 1" lowering springs and I've been looking at steeda, FRPP & koni's. Can't decide.
Between the two? Koni's by YEARS. I wouldn't touch the FRPP or Eibach shocks/struts with a 500 mile pole. The Koni's are going to be a lot nicer to ride on and have a much better warranty and are rebuildable and if you get the Yellows (Sports, the adjustable ones) they can be revalved as well. I believe the STR.T's can be as well but don't quote me on that.

OP: As for what to do with $1000... for "track" do you mean Drag STRIP or Road course TRACK?

Personally, Shocks/Struts make a very big change to these cars, even with stock springs. Beyond that, if you do drag racing you could probably sneak in LCA's and relocation brackets with the shocks/struts. That combo would help you launch at the strip. If you want to do corner carving, then I would seriously just spend the money on the best tires you can get! :p

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
For me, the plan is FRPP K-Springs, UPR single adjustable LCAs, single adjustable UCA with mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar, and some Camber bolts. Eventually might get some GT500 mounts and adjustable shocks/struts.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I have the FRPP non-adj handling package too, I pulled 1.08G on the street, I will diff pull more in Roadcourse

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had koni fsd's on my last car and loved them. front passenger strut top bolt cracked open and koni replaced them under warranty drama free. i'd definitely go back to koni if i upgrade my dampers. coilovers just look to fancy. koni usually has their 25% off sale in the early spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts