Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry I may be beating a dead horse but couldn't find anything on these. Has anyone tried out any H&R lowering springs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I could reword this. I am doing a revamp on my 89 coupe suspension going for good all around performance. It may go down the strip a couple times a year or maybe even a road course someday but mostly street use. Would anybody have any suggestions on ways to go. Some what budget friendly if possible.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Ill bite. Im running steeda sports on my 02 gt but I dont drive it much. The one thing I can say about them is that the ride is harsher then stock and, I dont think its necessarily due to the springs, but the car feels pretty planted even when I practice launching. If youre not looking to drag the car you can run pretty much any lowering springs since you dont need drag specific springs. More importantly you will need new better shocks and struts. They will have a bigger impact on handling than springs will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply 07gtS197, I appreciate the info. what shock and struts do you have/suggest?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Unfortuneately I have no experience with shocks and struts personally. Thats something you will have to google extensively. One that I hear a lot of people running are Koni yellows but I dont know how good they are. If you want to go crazy you could go with a good coilover which would allow adjustability but it would cost more than shocks and struts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We're a vendor for Koni! And we also can get you those H&Rs, or if you so choose we also have KW Coilovers available for your car! Just let us know if we can help in any way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts