Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, i have a 1985 mustang svo... im trying to get a figure as to what i need to have financially to get my mustang running at the performance level i want.. but i don't know what to do first or what needs done..or where to get it... anyways. i want about 400hp.. im taking out a loan so whatev is the price don't care.. i just need to know what i need to do to get the HP and still keep it a kickass street driver. what needs to be modded basically, im a complete novice to a point so help me out.. it's all stock right now.. once i get that performance im going to get everything else up to par.. also i'd like to keep most of it cut free. i want to be able to change it to stock at anypoint too... haha and also modernize it.. hahah anything helps thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
check out turboford.org lots of GREAT info just use the search function

first up is going to be fuel pump, i think the 85 has dual pumps? not sure cant remember
but you are going to want to upgrade before you even think of upping the boost

then go to a front mount ic, bigger downpipe, log of tubular header and a manual boost controller

youll max out the stock T3 at aroudn 300 whp so you will be looking at a holset or similair aftermarket turbo like a precision sc50r etc
check out stinger-performance.com

for 400hp and street driveability you are going to want to look at aftermarket engine management

alot of people get away with 300's in wheel horsepower on spray with stock ecm and some messing around with the vam

idk man i would just do the basics first
fuel pump,fmic,manual boost controller, some kind of header and good exhaust, wideband 02 and just be careful

·
Registered
5 Posts
svo mods

if you have the money an upgraded turbo and front mount are great for making power along with some good head work and exhaust. Don't forget a good head gasket while you're in there! A friend of mine bought the "tiny avanger" aka "shinny avenger" SVO a few years back and that car runs fantastic. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts