Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some new upgrades to the car and want to know which one has the higher flow rates? And does any one if you know what the numbers are? My svt pump is pegged out right now and i have been considering maybe going with a boosta pump but if i can just use a use the Gt pump to let me get over the 400 mark then I will be happy. I make 390/390 right now.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
my gt pump supported me at over 400 with no problem. The GT pump flows 310lph and the focus pump does 255lph.

I believe the above numbers are correct to about 99%.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Also the Focus fuel pump fuel mapping doesn't exactly match the Mustangs. You can get by, but the GT pump has a better fuel map for our cars.

·
Registered
314 Posts
my gt pump supported me at over 400 with no problem. The GT pump flows 310lph and the focus pump does 255lph.

I believe the above numbers are correct to about 99%.
second. I have bought a focus just because it was cheaper and i have to say reliability was one of its strong points. I was supported to 350bwhp with it.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Yeah +1 with baker, those rates are right.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Considering the GT-40 pump is 30 years old the Focus pump is better. Now the Ford GT pump will kick the Focus pump any day.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
which of the following would be the best setup for 400+:
1.svt focus with BAP
2. GT w/o BAP
3. GT with BAP

Im bankin on #3 but tell me what you think....Im orderin the pump within the next week lol

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
For just 400-500 the GT w/o bap will be plenty.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
if I go with #3 the volume/pressure can be tuned out of it right? I jus want there to be more on tap if needed lol

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I use the Ford GT pump with the BAP with wiring upgrade. Wired on full (switch shorted), and without the hobbs switch so it is always on and can be tuned correctly. And stage 2 fpdm.

I ran the SVT pump with the bap and i just had problems, and was close to limit (before i got new manifold).

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
whats your numbers hardhitter?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
now is the GT pump a direct replacement for the stock pump with out upgrading the Driver Module?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I keep hearin mixed reviews...some say svt with BAP gets the job done and then some and others say GT and BAP is just barely enough.....I think im gonna go GT and BAP....will the fdpm and wiring hold up?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Let me add this... I found out that my tuner was lying about my fuel pump pegging. I think they will tell you that as a way out of your numbers possibly being lower than expected. I checked on my dyno sheet and at NO point through 6300 rpms did it ever THINK about going lean.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
I knew he was lying because...

He tuned the car and said "yeah we had to hold off right there cause it was running lean."
I go back a few months later with more mods and he tunes it and gets about 40rwhp extra out of it and the fuel was fine. Never changed anything cause i knew better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts