Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

What is the limit of rwhp of this set up? Trying to keep it simple w/o upgrading to cobra set up and being able to drive car hard below 1/4th of a tank

Car is currently in shop getting some cams afm f42's and bbl tb/plenum combo....I'll share the #s and specs when I get her back

---
Adding an intercooler too but that is the summer project

----
I was at 335 rwhp with my 11 year old novi 1k setup with 42 lb injectors and upr hi flo cats.... I've been using the walbro gss 342 but time to get rid of it

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
ProCharger told me that my 255 lph SVT Focus fuel pump was good to 400 rwhp. That was without a BAP. I'm not running a BAP and have no problems. I wonder did they make different SVT Focus pumps? There are a lot of people on the forum who didn't get there.

They told me the 42 # injectors are good to around 450 rwhp. From what I've heard about the BAP that should make up the difference.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice #'s....do you happen to know where i can get a bov that will fit the procharger intercooler aswell : )

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm running the basic ProCharger BOV that came with the kit. It works great. ProCharger set it on a hose that routes it back to the intake. I changed it a bit and I route it to atmosphere. I like the sound.

Here is a link of the car on dyno day. My car is at 3.53. You can definitely here the BOV hiss when I let off.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet sounding bro.....i just picked up a 3 core procharger intercooler so need to figure out where to pick up a bov that will fit the intercooler piping from procharger..have someone giving me a hand so that will be a big plus...i have a little novi 1k...needed to upgrade fuel pump too don't what the crap to burnout then kaboom (lol)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Have you called ProCharger. I've called them several time. They have the best tech support I've ever seen.

I don't really know what's best. People put on a lot of different things but the stock Procharger BOV has worked well for me.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Tom your car sounds awesome. That looks like it was a fun time, all those cars on the dyno.
I had a great time. Met some good guys with some powerful cars. Some were dissapointed, some were elated. But, with STD correction it was a friendly dyno.

What BOV are you running?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You can run any bov you want. You just need to weld it to the piping. Procharger, Vortech, Tial, TurboSmart are all good. Svt focus pump and bap will handle 450rwhp all day. Some have made it over 500rwhp with 42lb injectors, svt pump, and bap.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would they all fit in the procharger tubing nipple (trying to keep it simple)? Isn't there one BOV that is mad loud and annoying?

sound like good news to me for the svt focus then..

Eagle - that looked like a fun time...what was that car @ 1:17 look like had some power!!wrx?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm at 505rwhp with a SVT Focus pump and 20amp BAP with a little left over. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shoot 505 that is even better!!!!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Hey fellas

What is the limit of rwhp of this set up? Trying to keep it simple w/o upgrading to cobra set up and being able to drive car hard below 1/4th of a tank

Car is currently in shop getting some cams afm f42's and bbl tb/plenum combo....I'll share the #s and specs when I get her back

---
Adding an intercooler too but that is the summer project

----
I was at 335 rwhp with my 11 year old novi 1k setup with 42 lb injectors and upr hi flo cats.... I've been using the walbro gss 342 but time to get rid of it
I've seen guys make up to about 500rwhp with a blower on a single focus and a BAP..... If that is where you are looking to be at, I would just get a cobra tank, run dual pumps with a BAP and be done with it.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I had a great time. Met some good guys with some powerful cars. Some were dissapointed, some were elated. But, with STD correction it was a friendly dyno.

What BOV are you running?
Yeah looked like a good time. I wish they did **** like that around here.

Mines a knock off Greddy S type. But it sounds good. Im using that with the Bosch bypass valve.

Would they all fit in the procharger tubing nipple (trying to keep it simple)? Isn't there one BOV that is mad loud and annoying?

sound like good news to me for the svt focus then..

Eagle - that looked like a fun time...what was that car @ 1:17 look like had some power!!wrx?
That thing was nasty, it was a turbo civic.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Would they all fit in the procharger tubing nipple (trying to keep it simple)?
My BOV isn't attached directly to the nipple. It's on a hose. My BOV physically sits slightly below and to the left of the head unit. There is another hose that normally runs from the BOV back to the intake. I turned that hose around so that it vents to atmosphere and plugged the nipple on the intake. You can see it move in the video when I let off the throttle. You should be able to get an adapter hose to fit any BOV.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yes exactly. I think the thing hes confused on basically, is which BOV or bypass valve will fit on the flange. I sent him a link to some Turbo smart ones that will fit on the nipple (with a hose)

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I've had a number of cars run out of focus bap fuel pump in the low 400s. I've yet to see a focus do 400 without a bap. I also wonder if there are different part numbers. I never recommend the focus pump. Without a sumped tank you should always keep it over 1/4 tank.
Returnless Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide - Trick Tuners Forums

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running the basic ProCharger BOV that came with the kit. It works great. ProCharger set it on a hose that routes it back to the intake. I changed it a bit and I route it to atmosphere. I like the sound.

Here is a link of the car on dyno day. My car is at 3.53. You can definitely here the BOV hiss when I let off.
YouTube - IndyRPM's Dyno Day at Cozzolino Motorsports
ur car sounds sick and that s14 was wicked

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've had a number of cars run out of focus bap fuel pump in the low 400s. I've yet to see a focus do 400 without a bap. I also wonder if there are different part numbers. I never recommend the focus pump. Without a sumped tank you should always keep it over 1/4 tank.
Returnless Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide - Trick Tuners Forums
being in a recession and all...what would be the best bang for my buck? aside from SVT focus pump...i have a 40a BAP and have a walbro sitting in the tank now (is that dangerous to hook a BAP to?) from what i hear it is the wrong type pump.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts