Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys know about them? i know there are 2 different ones. there is a pump that is made to run by itself and then there is a pump that is made to run in a dual pump setup. what is the lph of both setups? what kinda power would a single setup with a bap be good to and what kinda power would the dual setup with a bap be good to? how far will 42 lb injectors take me? the car makes 471rwhp through an auto at 10lbs intercooled with a 2.9 pulley. looking at bumping it up to 12-14lbs and going to an 8 rib setup with an overdrive crank pulley,adding a 100shot, shooting for about 600rwhp with same or more torque, hoping the nitrous will up the torque because it has a huge stall and im wantin the nitrous to make up for that.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
a single svt focus pump is rated at flowing 255lph versus 195lph in a stock mustang pump.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
30lbs will take you to about 300hp before they give, or atleast with how my mass air is setup. Id say 42lbs injectors would take you to the 450-500 range. If you want to go big get 80lbs injectors and buy the matching mass air. Then fuel wont be the problem

BBK makes a nice 255lph pump.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna need more than a 255lph... and it has a 90mm lmaf right now... i think 60lb injectors would be fine. just wanna make sure i have enough fuel before i up the boost, add a kit and drive all the way to atlanta to get it tuned... .

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Eh id personally go for the 80lbs, my tuner told me he could make them work right for my car so im sure yours can too. I always like the limits of my parts to be well beyond when i do. So when i slam the gas i have no worries.

Btw ask if they can send you a safe tune for the drive. Some places can hook you up with a super safe tune that will last you the drive. They can email it to you.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Yes, go ahead and get the 80lbers. They aren't much more than the 60s.
You should get a cobra hat with twin pumps and a bap or the fore hat with twin GT pumps. Also at this point it would be wise to switch to a return style fuel system and never have to change it again. It wouldn't cost much more at this point.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what all would i have to do to swap to the return style? i know find a tank, but what lines etc would i need?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#80 injectors are on the limit for street cars. The minimum pulse with is pretty big and a good low idle might not be possible.
Returnless Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide - Trick Tuners Forums
so if i did the dual cobra setup in my gt tank, all i would really need to do is cut out the pump container "plastic thing" and make sure to not lay into it under 1/4 of a tank? which when i race i keep my tank somewhere around 3/4 anyways. another question. say the car makes 470rwhp through an auto which would be roughly 550ish through a standard. if i upped the boost from 10 ic lbs to 14 ic lbs and put a 100 shot on top of it, i would hope that would put me in the 650rwhp range through the auto. would the dual cobra pumps be sufficient for that with a bap?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
I dont think autos are that inefficaint....

every psi of boosts is about 26hp.

4 x 26 = 104
+100
-------------
+470
-------------

So it should get you to around 674. +/-15

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think autos are that inefficaint....

every psi of boosts is about 26hp.

4 x 26 = 104
+100
-------------
+470
-------------

So it should get you to around 674. +/-15
lol. thats basically what i just said only my outcome was 650. i figured i could get off in the 9s with that kinda power and thats my goal for right now. that and for it to hook on the street. lol

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
#80 injectors are on the limit for street cars. The minimum pulse with is pretty big and a good low idle might not be possible.
I have 80lbers.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Data log show it being around 850.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.