Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I did it to my 91. You need a dizzy, the head.and intake. Use the newer throttle body, and you have to do some pinning to plug the dizzy in. its not a bad job, i figured it out myself in high school with some wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Distributor, easier to type dizzy (thats what alot of my friends call it) Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
208 Posts
what would the advantage be?

Might be easier to modify the ignition system to maintain DIS, rather than converting to dist/TFI?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The big advantage you get from this conversion, which does not require a computer change, is the ease of timing advance change. Without a tuner it is unchangable with the 8 plug. The 4 plug intake and head are better for performance (i think) than the 8.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn sorry I just re read last
Post again sorry for the computer ? Lol so all I need to get is upper and lower intake head and dizzy correct

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
All of the 2.3 heads from our engine family will fit your engine block, including the 2.5L Ranger. Other than the Esslinger SVO head RACE ENGINEERING - Cylinder Head - 2300 - 2500 - 2700 - 2850 - Race Engineering, Inc and the Race engineering head, the castings I like the most are the last single plug castings, available on Mustangs, 87'-90. Ironically, they don't flow that much in stock form, but a few hours with a rotary file, can make a huge difference with them.

Here's what the un-ported airflow looks like on the 87'-90 casting I recently tested.

Lift in Inches

Intake CFM

Exhaust CFM

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You can use a head from a ranger up to 2001. After that the changed engines. There is not a diagram that can be used specifically for this conversion. I do however have the diagrams, and pin locations to do it, i have already went through this somewhere in these forums, if you look around its there. Also, any head from 88-on ranger and 91-on mustang will not be compatible with a distributor. they are all 8 plug and the intakes et in the way of the distributor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am needing a 4 plug engine with distributor yet all i am finding is newer with coil packs. How hard would it be to swap over to 4 plug distributor on a 8 plug 2.3?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts