Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, time to beat the dead horse. I currently have a 99 V6 3.8L 5speed, I just recently picked up a wrecked 03 GT 5Speed with a supposedly built 4.6L in it you can tell it has small cams in it the guy said he put forged pistons and rods in it but I can't say for sure. It also has a fresh stage 2 clutch, fresh 3.73 gears in the rear, coil overs all around, short throw shifter. I have the whole donor car and I plan on swapping everything to my v6 I have a garage and a lift and all just don't want to miss anything when I swap. I will have to get a new radiator the one from the GT is smashed, I suppose I will have to get a new AC condenser aswell and electric fan I'm not sure if either of those will work from the v6? RIght now I know I need to swap the motor, transmission, ecu, gauge cluster, engine harness, trans harness, computer harness and the rear. What I'm most worried about it the guy put in a anti theft device that requires you to put in a chip thing before it will start the car I'd like to take that out because I don't want it causing me problems after I do the swap, anyone know if this will be as simple as unplugging couple things or will I have to re-splice some wires I haven't even taken a good look at it yet I just got it yesterday 3/23/20. I will keep this thread open so I can ask questions and share my progress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m currently in the process of swapping a 01 v6 auto to 04 4.6 auto.
You will also need to swap the hydroboost unit. I believe the v6 booster is too large to clear the 4.6.From what i read the master cylinder is the same at least mine is. Both cars have abs/ traction control. Also the radiator is the same. Just the coolant reservoir will need to be swapped. Condenser is the same as the v6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m currently in the process of swapping a 01 v6 auto to 04 4.6 auto.
You will also need to swap the hydroboost unit. I believe the v6 booster is too large to clear the 4.6.From what i read the master cylinder is the same at least mine is. Both cars have abs/ traction control. Also the radiator is the same. Just the coolant reservoir will need to be swapped. Condenser is the same as the v6.
So everything I have listed looks pretty good then? How far are you into the swap?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts