Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, time to beat the dead horse. I currently have a 99 V6 3.8L 5speed, I just recently picked up a wrecked 03 GT 5Speed with a supposedly built 4.6L in it you can tell it has small cams in it the guy said he put forged pistons and rods in it but I can't say for sure. It also has a fresh stage 2 clutch, fresh 3.73 gears in the rear, coil overs all around, short throw shifter. I have the whole donor car and I plan on swapping everything to my v6 I have a garage and a lift and all just don't want to miss anything when I swap. I will have to get a new radiator the one from the GT is smashed, I suppose I will have to get a new AC condenser aswell and electric fan I'm not sure if either of those will work from the v6? RIght now I know I need to swap the motor, transmission, ecu, gauge cluster, engine harness, trans harness, computer harness and the rear. What I'm most worried about it the guy put in a anti theft device that requires you to put in a chip thing before it will start the car I'd like to take that out because I don't want it causing me problems after I do the swap, anyone know if this will be as simple as unplugging couple things or will I have to re-splice some wires I haven't even taken a good look at it yet I just got it yesterday 3/23/20. I will keep this thread open so I can ask questions and share my progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m currently in the process of swapping a 01 v6 auto to 04 4.6 auto.
You will also need to swap the hydroboost unit. I believe the v6 booster is too large to clear the 4.6.From what i read the master cylinder is the same at least mine is. Both cars have abs/ traction control. Also the radiator is the same. Just the coolant reservoir will need to be swapped. Condenser is the same as the v6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will also need to swap the hydroboost unit. I believe the v6 booster is too large to clear the 4.6.From what i read the master cylinder is the same at least mine is. Both cars have abs/ traction control. Also the radiator is the same. Just the coolant reservoir will need to be swapped. Condenser is the same as the v6.
So everything I have listed looks pretty good then? How far are you into the swap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the change the dash harness?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have the change the dash harness?
I actually started today. I pulled the parts car apart a couple weeks ago. I was waiting on some parts also. I know for sure the pcm harness. I’m not positive on the dash harness. I might pull the dash anyway since it will make it easier for the pcm harness.
My only issue is to find someone to flash the old vin to the pcm somehow to avoid any issues with state inspection.
I’ll know more tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually started today. I pulled the parts car apart a couple weeks ago. I was waiting on some parts also. I know for sure the pcm harness. I’m not positive on the dash harness. I might pull the dash anyway since it will make it easier for the pcm harness.
My only issue is to find someone to flash the old vin to the pcm somehow to avoid any issues with state inspection.
I’ll know more tomorrow hopefully.
Awesome gimme an update I don't really have to worry about inspection or emissions but I am curious about the dash harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts