Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible without too many modifications? I have an 03 F150 and have the chance to put in a GT motor. The guy that has the engine says that it would just be an intake manifold issue cuz of the fuel rails.
Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Is this possible without too many modifications? I have an 03 F150 and have the chance to put in a GT motor. The guy that has the engine says that it would just be an intake manifold issue cuz of the fuel rails.
Any input is appreciated.
If the F-150 motor still has the intake you could swap them

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Which has what engine? 4.6 is the Modular, Windsor is the old pushrod--totally different animals.
They made windsor modular engines till mid 2001. Matter of fact, Windsor is just the name of the plant that assembled the motor. There are Windsor and Romero plants, although, there are other differences between the two as well.

·
Registered
808 Posts
the 03 f150 will have the mod motor. If its a 4.6 should be easy as it is the same motor below the intake. And if it has a 5.4 then you will have to change the exhaust as the 5.4 is wider and prolly use the 4.6 motor mounts vs the 5.4 mounts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are both Windsors. The GT motor is a 00 and my truck is an 03 made at the Windsor plant. Most think it's a Romeo, however the 8th digit in the VIN is a 6, Windsor.

·
Punching Throats
1,246 Posts
Wait so your taking the 03 F150 motor (5.4V) and putting it in the 00 GT and then taking the GT motor (4.6) and putting it in the 03 F150?....or vice versa

·
Registered
657 Posts
not much of a gain there. too much work for almost no power gain. id just slap a blower on the 4.6. i built my kit for 1200! still need to install it tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts