Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
1993 Mustang LX Hatchback
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for i guess you could say a parts list of everything i would need to swap my 2.3 foxbody hatchback from an automatic tranny to a stick
im sure someone has done this already so im just looking for what all i would need to do it
im not looking for a 5.0 tranny just the 2.3L tranny till im ready to drop a 5.0 in it
i am used to driving a stick and just get really aggravated with the automatic
so if anyone knows the parts and tranny i would need yall would be a big help
thanks for any info you have

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks arummel93
you seem to be the go to guy on this stuff

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Lol Arummel has more free time, or something, than the rest of us! hahaha He is almost always first to answer. Hes one of the most helpful you will find!

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
I tend to hang out on the forum alot in the Daily Chat thread. Just poke my head in here every once in a while and if I see someone I come to the rescue :lol

I've worked hard to know as much as I do. I talk tech with the big names in the 2.3t community (except for John Huber, he's too big name for me :lol) and we shoot knowledge and parts back and forth and whatnot. Plus a metric shitton of research to know my **** well enough that I seemed worthwhile for them to talk to me in the first place. Pretty cool feeling when Matt Culpepper friends you on facebook ;)

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty awsome
you guys are pretty cool i must admit
its awsome getting to talk to you guys

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
We do what we can to help, and its always a pleasure to meet new people!

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so in other news i got married today

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
Congrats! Bring such things to the Daily Chat thread in the clubhouse section. Or make a new thread in the clubhouse section lol

·
six shooter
247 Posts
Congrats on getting married!

I was talking to a friend on a drumming forum, who's also a gearhead. Another 5-speed swap you can do is the M5OD out of a Miata. He hasn't responded to my other questions yet, so I haven't been able to gauge what his definition of "it bolts right in" is. I personally am not a huge fan of the M5OD (have one in the Ranger), but it's still better than the A4LD, and they can be built/improved. If I can get more details on that, I'll edit this post with them.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys and ok i may just use the t5 or t4.5 or whatever it is
the stick for the 2.3
i really dont wanna rebuild this a4ld in my stang because i wanna do the tranny swap in it
so i been holding off on rebuilding the overdrive in it

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
The mazda M5OD is still junk. Can it be built? Sure. But at that point just do a t5 swap, maybe use an adaptor plate to use the V8 transmissions and use a TKO :bubba:

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tko? and whats the adapter plate for?
i thought the t5 was the 2.3L stick tranny?
sorry i dont know **** about transmissions and i know enoug about tearing down and rebuilding an engine to get myself around

·
Banned
3,511 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol thanks arummel
i know nothing about trannies
you guys are a huge help
making fall in love with my 2.3motor instead of the v8 more and more

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
"Having a big ol' engine up front is great until you want to stop or turn"

You do sadly sacrifice the awesome sound of a Ford V8. But it's so fun to go out racing with a 4cyl mustang...I went out to the local race meet last night and had a bit of fun...donuts, burnouts, drifting, and raced a few people. I was in a bad mood and didn't care that I have no oil pressure or anything in the radiator. But either way, half the people there were like "It's a mustang...but it whistles instead of rumbles...what the hell do you have in that thing?!" shortly followed by "They made a 4cyl mustang!?" Always fun to pop the hood

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol like i said half the weight just as fast if not faster gas saver and all the beauty of a stang and i love my electric fan
lol
2.3L mustangs lol we may not have the best engine but we have the power and the looks
i looked up some 2.3 with flowmaster super 44 and super 40s that made a nice little rumble tho. but it i dont use a flowmaster muffler i may run just cats and no muffler

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
You don't want a flowmaster muffler if you're going turbo. Their chambered design isn't so good for turbo'd applications. Find a 2.3t with a 3" turbo back straightpipe :lol

Mine has 2.5", catted, dumped just before the rear axle.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so no muffler just cat then lol
i thought about dumping the exhaust on the side just in front of the back wheels

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
I've considered doing the same. Also considered a stack of sorts...bring it right up through the hood. Quickly decided against that, and then considered blowing right out the fender. Considering it's a street driven DD though I'm keeping it somewhat calm and collected.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts