Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well im sick of the POS EFI and i want my damn carburator back...what is it that i need to swap back and what can i use that EFI use's along with the carb'd...

my plans:

demon 650cfm carb
2" carb spacer
vic jr intake

along with my 1.6 rr's and f303 cam
yes i'll be doing the heads soon too...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you can still use your fuel pump if you use a return style afpr........

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Cool, can I have your EFI wiring harness, computer and sensors? I like EFI.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, can I have your EFI wiring harness, computer and sensors? I like EFI.
idk how long it will be before i actually do this..prob not til it warms up a little more around her..maybe another month or so...but yeah at that point i'll have for sale

ported stock intake (upper and lower)
65mm explorer TB
73mm C&L MAF
24lb Injectors
holley AFPR
BBK CAI
and then the stock harness, computer and sensors too..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can still use your fuel pump if you use a return style afpr........
yeah im thinking that, can you use the stock EFI fuel tank with the external fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
buy a drop in tank pickup, summit fuel system @ 220 dollars

distributor for a 1985 ford mustang (or msd dizzy)
duraspark ignition box (or msd box )
throttle bracket
don't forget to transfer your temp guage sender and any vacuum lines to your new intake/carb

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buy a drop in tank pickup, summit fuel system @ 220 dollars

distributor for a 1985 ford mustang (or msd dizzy)
duraspark ignition box (or msd box )
throttle bracket
don't forget to transfer your temp guage sender and any vacuum lines to your new intake/carb
thanks that helps

·
Registered
579 Posts
thanks that helps
I have that system but ended up upgrading my line to 8an and also upgraded to a return style so I only keeped the pump,regulator and filter.I say get the pump,regulator and filter only and get an 8an line.with this return style fuel system.Product Engineering: got the dual with mines and it runs great and your fuel is on point always.Oh yea also get a sump.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i agree -8 line is better, i was suggesting this kit because it is complete and is about as inexpensive as it gets, for the mods he has it will be plenty good enough ( i've got this kit and it feeds my 351 with a 175 shot so i don't see any problems on his combo

·
Registered
579 Posts
your right but I know one day that line might not be enough and thats when He has to spend the money again.I like to do things once and I learned that the hard way by spending money I didnt need too.I know everyone has been there.:D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have that system but ended up upgrading my line to 8an and also upgraded to a return style so I only keeped the pump,regulator and filter.I say get the pump,regulator and filter only and get an 8an line.with this return style fuel system.Product Engineering: got the dual with mines and it runs great and your fuel is on point always.Oh yea also get a sump.
is there stuff any good?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
btw do you guys think that ontop of the stock 302 with stock mounts and everything...the vic jr intake, 2" spacer and demon carb with 3" tall air filter will fit under the stock hood?

·
Registered
579 Posts
yea its good stuff,I only have there return system y block.I will post pics of my fuel system when I get my car tomorrow from the body shop.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
k thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think you would be happier with a dual plane air gap intake. Better on the street, much better low and mid range torque. Had the same set up with the F cam on my '89 GT. Strong combination.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think you would be happier with a dual plane air gap intake. Better on the street, much better low and mid range torque. Had the same set up with the F cam on my '89 GT. Strong combination.
i've used the edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake and it was great in all but these 302's can turn decent rpms and i'd rather a somewhat mid-high rpm style intake, and thats what the vic jr is..i've also thought about the torker II intake..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree -8 line is better, i was suggesting this kit because it is complete and is about as inexpensive as it gets, for the mods he has it will be plenty good enough ( i've got this kit and it feeds my 351 with a 175 shot so i don't see any problems on his combo
haha i didnt even see this post..and like jonjon says in his next post after this one, i will be building a 347 this summer..not a small one with little 185cc heads and stuff.like bigger heads and all...so this set-up aint gunna support 450-500hp is it?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
idk how long it will be before i actually do this..prob not til it warms up a little more around her..maybe another month or so...but yeah at that point i'll have for sale

ported stock intake (upper and lower)
65mm explorer TB
73mm C&L MAF
24lb Injectors
holley AFPR
BBK CAI
and then the stock harness, computer and sensors too..
pm me when you wana get rid of the maf and injectors:D

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
my windsor with a vr jr intake and a nitrous plate fits under my stock hood but i can't fit an air cleaner on it
as far as which intake, if you have a 5 speed and 373s or 410s then the vr jr makes a great street intake, otherwise get an rpm
i've run a 306 with ported stock heads, vr jr, big cam ( i can't remember the specs ) 650 dp , 5 speed and 410s in an 86 coupe with full exhaust and it was a super fun street car , 12.20s @ 113 all motor on stock suspension and drag radials

1 - 20 of 32 Posts