Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the things I need to watch out for? like what are common problems, and how do I fix them?
I remember hearing that the o2 wires need to be extended, anything else?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
my prochamber fit into my GT like a charm...i didn't worry about connecting the rear o2's of course. i did replace the passenger side manifold/midpipe flange gasket. and now the prochamber's in my sixxer. best midpipe IMO :yes

however you might want to look into some rear o2 extensions if you don't want to just plug the holes there and kill the code

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
spray down the exhaust studs real well with penetrant before removal. you don't want to break any. It sucks if that happens
i replaced all of mine while i was pulling mine off...Just picked up a pack of new exhaust studs and bolts at Advance

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i replaced all of mine while i was pulling mine off...Just picked up a pack of new exhaust studs and bolts at Advance
Your lucky, I snapped 2. lucky there was enough of the stud sticking out I could get vise grips on them and with the help of a torch was able to get them out

Don't go to Ford for new studs/nuts... they are stupid high $$$$

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea to replace the studs while I'm down there?
midpipe/manifold flange gasket, extend wires, studs..... anything else?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Don't use the gasket that comes with the prochamber (mine was toasted in 3000 miles). You'll want to pick up a metal crush gasket. Also on my 03 I needed to extend the O2 sensor wires on the driver's side. Besides that it's pretty straightforward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts