Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a rod in my old motor and starting looking for something new. I found a 1994 lincoln mark 4.6 DOHC for $450. Gonna try and offer $350. My budget is looking at about $800 for the whole swap. Is there anything else i'm going to need for this? Like a new fuel pump? Is my Bullitt fuel pump gonna get enough to the motor? What about my exhaust? Does it bolt back up? Motor mount? etc.. I don't wanna buy the motor and end up having to put a ton of money into it. Any experienced knowledge would be nice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
U may need alittle more than $800 for that swap. U will have to get ur ECU changed over to handle the DOHC and I think 94 is return style. Not sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'le probably need a tune, Do you think it would be fine to drive it without the tune for a while if I take it easy on the pedal?

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
^teehee @PerfectCircle...You dont need to swap your ECU, it will hook up just fine as long as your not running crazy number in the 350hp+ range and are planning on using the 19-24lb injectors. It will need a tune but not right away if you take it easy on the motor although after the swap that would be at the top of my priority list. Your not gonna get the swap done for less than 800, ill tell you that right now, you're gonna be looking at an easy 1500....Exhaust bolts up fine, but you will need to find some 96-98 Cobra headers, aftermarket or stock. There is a ton of good info on this forum all you gotta do is use that magical lil search button up top. The a really good thread with info is in the 99-04 sticky section....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, well sweet, thanks. Found a walk through thread on it, first page. I feel dumb.. haha

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.. I know now. lol thanks. Looks like i'm goin with an 02 GT motor anyhow. That way I can keep my Bullitts Intake.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can use the GT computer and even the GT Harness if you want, some wires will need to be lengthened but thats about it. If you go this route you will need to delelte the IMRCs and get a tune. I dropped a 97 Cobra engine in my car and it was easy as pie, used the cobra harness with the GT ecu and just needed IMRC deleltes and a tune and she was ready to rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts