Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here, I bought an 02 GT, 4.6, 5 speed.
The engine in it has oil pressure but it’s not getting to the top end, visual carnage at the cam lobes etc.
I’ve been looking at LKQ engines for sale on eBay, have any of you guys swapped in a newer 07-09 4.6 out of a crown Vic or grand marquis into an older mustang? In another group a guy told me he’s done it quite a bit, had to swap headers, upper intake manifold plenum, fuel rails, oil pan and wiring into the new engine from the old one.
Everything else was fairly bolt up, any info?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
That’s pretty much the jist of it. It’s the same motor for the most part. Sometime around then Ford changed the passenger side valve cover in the panther platform cars so it looks different but functions the same. The cams are slightly different too but I doubt you would notice any loss in power. Also there will be knock sensors that go unused, cylinder head temp sensors and the intake might not have a provision for your coolant temp sensor in the crossover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s pretty much the jist of it. It’s the same motor for the most part. Sometime around then Ford changed the passenger side valve cover in the panther platform cars so it looks different but functions the same. The cams are slightly different too but I doubt you would notice any loss in power. Also there will be knock sensors that go unused, cylinder head temp sensors and the intake might not have a provision for your coolant temp sensor in the crossover.

Is there a big difference between tekssid and Romeo blocks? Like is it something I should be looking into when purchasing?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Teksid blocks are forged aluminum with flat top pistons due to the 4v head having a larger chamber. Romeo blocks are cast iron and have dished pistons. Both are fine but teksid blocks are getting hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts