Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 mustang gt track pack that I want to tune but I hear there are unique codes in your PCM that will be erased permanetly and void warrenty. My question is can I buy a new PCM and swap them and tune that and if I ever have a warrenty problem I can put my factory PCM back on with the original codes still on it fooling the dealership?

·
Registered
304 Posts
This isn't an EEC IV...it's alot smarter than that. Swap PCMs and your car won't start. The PCM and the modules in the car have to be told to work together, something a dealer can do but, you're going to have a tough time accomplishing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2nd that... If nothing else there needs to be a parameter reset between the PCM and ic and between the PCM and bcm.. And than a key reprogram procedure everytime you install a new PCM.. Which if you have a vcm/vcm2 and a computer with the Ids software and an active subscription you can do it anywhere you can connect previously stated computer to the Internet.. I didn't know there were new computer codes that get erased, but I do know there are "new" powertrain dtcs which are only set if your aftermarket tune is present at the time of the Ids self test.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, I thought it might work. I've worked in the collision industry for 15 years and I have replace certain PCM's in vehicles from accidents but obviously not a 2013 mustang. I figured if I sent the vin to the dealer to get a replacement I would just have to get them flashed but I've never need a new key or anything like that. Sounds a bit extreme

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Ford got smart with the tuning and warranty thing. Instead of locking it, I think they just said fine tune it, but good luck figuring out how to get it warrantied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts