Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this enclosure for a coupe?

Reason I ask is iv heard that you have to remove the amps for it to fit which I was going to do anyway because im rewiring everything and changing all the speakers. Do I need to remove the rear speaker box to remove the amps? If so can I just change the speakers that way rather than doing it from the back seat?

Input appreciated

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to remove the speaker box to remove the speakers. (I haven't removed it in a couple years, but yesterday I removed the rear speaker deck lid chasing a rattle so that area is fresh in my mind and looking back at mental picture I don't see a way to remove the speakers form the back seat.) So it would be easier to just take the whole thing out and strip it down outside of the car. It's easier to remove the box with a friend but you can do it alone - it's a little heavy due to the amps and a bit awkward, but otherwise pretty easy to remove.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure you have to remove the speaker box to remove the speakers. (I haven't removed it in a couple years, but yesterday I removed the rear speaker deck lid chasing a rattle so that area is fresh in my mind and looking back at mental picture I don't see a way to remove the speakers form the back seat.) So it would be easier to just take the whole thing out and strip it down outside of the car. It's easier to remove the box with a friend but you can do it alone - it's a little heavy due to the amps and a bit awkward, but otherwise pretty easy to remove.
pulled out the amps and the box today. Any reason why I shouldnt mount the new aftermarket amp to the back of the rear seat?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have space between the sub enclosure and rear seat then it will be just fine. I mounted my sub amp to the back of the seat a couple years ago and it's still holding fine. The back of the seat has a wood backing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts